Anyone submit the Rebate from the first set of orders?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1654

doylnea

14-10-2004 17:16:01

Curious if anyone submitted the rebate for Gratis?

From everything I've read, there's no way we can get credit for the rebate, and only Gratis is able to receive the credit...

Has anyone done so, and if so, heard anything in response to their efforts?

Tholek

15-10-2004 08:23:02

It would be great, if there were something offered in return....just sayin' ;)

mapStuart

15-10-2004 10:55:46

Well, IF Gratis could use it, they could only take advantage for 5 of the PCs since that's all Dell allows with the rebate.

doylnea

16-10-2004 14:43:36

I would do it, if there was something in it for me. But I can't imagine Gratis paying me back somehow, so it's not worth my time.

hacktek

16-10-2004 15:54:13

Umm...they're giving you a free pc and that's not paying you back? wow...

mapStuart

16-10-2004 16:07:36

Yeah, if I'd gotten one that was rebateable I would contact Gratis and see if they wanted it. Then I'd send it to Gratis, or fill it out with their information. As I said before though - they're only allowed to redeem 5 rebates for a particular offer, so you'd probably want to make sure that 15 rebate submissions aren't placed for the one offer. At most Gratis can only get $500 back - but in my book they well deserve it for all the free stuff. I sent them a $100 off Small Business coupon I had last week in case they were able to use it (the coupons are only good for up to 5 systems) - no harm in trying to help them out.

doylnea

19-10-2004 07:09:18

[quote9584e8c6ac="hacktek"]Umm...they're giving you a free pc and that's not paying you back? wow...[/quote9584e8c6ac]

No they're not giving me a free pc, they're making a crapload of money off of me and my referrals and they are compensated by the sponsors.

If they want the added benefit of the rebate, they should compensate me for taking the time out to send in the rebate.

mapStuart

19-10-2004 14:50:05

yeah, although if Gratis wasn't there to provide this service for you to take advantage of you'd have no free PC regardless. So in my opinion, even though we are making money for Gratis, we can still feel generous toward them since they're sharing the wealth with us to a degree. I've put no money in these efforts and have come away with over $1000 of stuff - something I wouldn't have been able to do without Gratis' assistance. Sure they've made money from it as well - but that doesn't mean we can't further show our own appreciation. I don't think they need to entice people to "take the time" to send in a rebate - they can only redeem 5, so I'd imagine they'd get those without having to compensate anyone.