The ONLY way to get Infone to work...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1582

Blurrz

13-10-2004 15:19:51

OK, I just remembered what the deal with Infone is. This might have been posted a while back, but anyway...

When you click the Infone link, it takes you to a sign-up page. Immediately hit refresh and you will be sent to a new sign-up page. It will look different from the first sign-up page in that this one will be split-screen, i.e. the left side will have some ads and the right side will be the sign-up page in a vertical format. THIS IS THE PAGE YOU MUST BE ONE TO GET CREDIT! The Infone problem has nothing to do with the 'cookie monster' or anything like that. You will see the cookie monster icon when you get to the new sign-up page, but it is fine; if you want, you can fool around with the cookies, but it didn't matter for me.

Anyway, before you fill out any info, scroll to the bottom of this new page and make sure you can see the verification word you have to enter. It's one of those scam-proof word boxes that you see at Ticketmaster, Yahoo, etc. If you can't see the word, keep refreshing the page until you CAN. Once you can, go ahead and enter your info, then enter the word, and it WILL work.

Summary You will NEVER get credit if you use the first sign-up page you are taken to; you MUST refresh to get to the new page, and then make sure you can see the verification word. Keep refreshing until you do, and then enter info.

Hope this helps! Also, could a mod either sticky this or give me the OK to post it in all of the forums? This has been troubling many people.

sevenfx

13-10-2004 15:46:30

That can't be true, my friend did it for me, and he didn't know this..

Blurrz

13-10-2004 15:53:59

Well I have helped at least five people out, and they all had the same issue, and it was corrected when they did what I said.

joshmiao

13-10-2004 15:55:45

[quotebbc2663cc9="sevenfx"]That can't be true, my friend did it for me, and he didn't know this..[/quotebbc2663cc9]

Ace

13-10-2004 16:25:18

thats weird, you should email harry about that problem because its major

howdy

13-10-2004 16:36:14

its true. the only way you can get credit is if you can get to the page with the "security" graphic that works. if it doesnt load, close the browser and open the site again through the freeipods link. do it until you see the graphic at the bottom of the screen.

ThisSunAlsoRises

13-10-2004 16:46:32

yea. but if it doesn't show up the right way, the security text doesn't show up. therefore you can't complete the offer. it doesn't matter and it's not a problem.

Tadeo

13-10-2004 17:11:28

So are we supposed to re-register? I would like some "official" feedback here..

joshmiao

13-10-2004 18:41:44

[quotef40b891823="Tadeo"]So are we supposed to re-register? I would like some "official" feedback here..[/quotef40b891823]

You wont get official feedbakc here, go email gratis or post in account issues.

zed2004

13-10-2004 20:52:45

blurrz,

good observation

thanks for the info

megamike69

13-10-2004 22:16:37

Hmm...I did infone myself for my free flatscreen, and I had to refresh the page to get the security word, I got credit instantly.

On Oct 1st, I was over at my gf's house, I asked her to sign up for infone for me under freeipods.com, I was actually the person that signed up for her, I clicked the infone offer, pop up said 2-3 days credit, okay. I got to a page where the security word didn't show up, there is no way I can sign up, so I refreshed the page (what I had to do when I signed up for infone myself), and the format of the registration page changed just like the creator of this thread said, the security word showing. So I signed up for her this exact way, exactly as the correct instructions. But as of today, no credit... I am 100% positive that I used the registration page after I refreshed with the word showing, because I was there, I was the person who signed up for her. There was no way I could have signed up on the previous page anyway because we can't see the security word.

So, I am thinking that although the instructions above is the correct instruction for getting infone credit back when it was instant, it is no longer working for infone at least since Oct. 1st. SO many people haven't gotten credit for it, and I am sure more than just myself followed the above correct directions, why? because there is no way to see the security word before refreshing the page and thus there is no way we could have signed up. I really appreciate this post, however I still believe gratis has a big problem with infone credits, and they should fix it so ALL of us who signed up for infone since Oct 1st get the credit we deserve!

teletubbybreakdancer

13-10-2004 23:00:48

[quote0ecc99b5f8="Blurrz"]OK, I just remembered what the deal with Infone is. This might have been posted a while back, but anyway...

Summary You will NEVER get credit if you use the first sign-up page you are taken to; you MUST refresh to get to the new page, and then make sure you can see the verification word. Keep refreshing until you do, and then enter info. [/quote0ecc99b5f8]

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT, TRUST ME... I KNOW. WHEN INFONE HAD THE AMAZON CERTIFICATE, IT DIDNT HAVE THIS PROBLEM. BUT NOW IT DOES!!

Guardian

13-10-2004 23:14:36

well

i always had trouble with that Infone offer, as for myself the "word" didnt show up the first time , i had to disable pop-up blockers and firewalls and refresh couple times to get it working

some of my referrals had the same problem i guess