gratis a little too quiet? <crickets>

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1567

teletubbybreakdancer

13-10-2004 10:00:14

it seems like no one is shipping. a lot of people are sent to vendor and a lot of people are still processing. i haven't read any recent post on anyone getting their ipod. gratis is supposedly getting bursts of shipments, but i haven't heard anyone receiving jack shit. seriously, what is gratis trying to pull now? they stopped sending HPs and they stopped sending engraved iPods. but to me its like they stopped sending anything at all. its important that we all post a reply.

CollidgeGraduit

13-10-2004 10:01:47

Yes, they probably went out of business roll

sootroom

13-10-2004 10:09:01

So your logic is that since gratis didn't ship anything out in the last few days they must be pulling something?

Wow. I never heard so many people complain about getting free stuff in their entire life.

hacktek

13-10-2004 10:18:03

Wait like everyone else

tyketto

13-10-2004 10:20:09

Actually, I've seen in the shout box that people got some iPods Monday and Tuesday.
One guy got his free pc yesterday.
Sure, items haven't gone out this week -- or so it seems -- but people are still getting their items.
I'd be shocked if a shipment is not released today or tomorrow.

gchild320

13-10-2004 10:27:15

I'm almost to my one month ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( ( (

teletubbybreakdancer

13-10-2004 10:36:22

[quote8528c342cf="sootroom"]
I never heard so many people complain about getting free stuff in their entire life.
[/quote8528c342cf]

you must've meant "I've never heard so many people complain about getting free stuff in MY entire life" ....ya dumbass

btw, i'm not complaining about getting an ipod, i got mine already... if you've actually read the post, it shows that i'm actually speaking for everyone based on a few observations i've made. i'm not going to debate whether or not its free. let's just put it this way it requires time. now because of idiots like u, we can't continue staying on topic with this post. our main concern is what is gratis doing, i know they're still turning yellows into greens, but what's their status besides what i've said. its just a little too quiet for me.

teletubbybreakdancer

13-10-2004 10:37:58

[quotefc0044c455="tyketto"]Actually, I've seen in the shout box that people got some iPods Monday and Tuesday.
One guy got his free pc yesterday.
Sure, items haven't gone out this week -- or so it seems -- but people are still getting their items.
I'd be shocked if a shipment is not released today or tomorrow.[/quotefc0044c455]

tyketto, that's exactly the kind of response i want to hear. now if everyone else joins in... we'll know what gratis's status is. thanks. D

sootroom

13-10-2004 11:06:04

[quote933e6bfc4e="teletubbybreakdancer"]

you must've meant "I've never heard so many people complain about getting free stuff in MY entire life" ....ya dumbass

btw, i'm not complaining about getting an ipod, i got mine already... if you've actually read the post, it shows that i'm actually speaking for everyone based on a few observations i've made. i'm not going to debate whether or not its free. let's just put it this way it requires time. now because of idiots like u, we can't continue staying on topic with this post. our main concern is what is gratis doing, i know they're still turning yellows into greens, but what's their status besides what i've said. its just a little too quiet for me.[/quote933e6bfc4e]

So who made you the mouthpeice of the entire fipguide community? If you're so important to the level of being able to speak for everyone around here, then why arent you a moderator?

I challenge you to point out where the post was off topic. You said that gratis was pulling shit, and we called your bluff. It's not that everybody hates you. It's just that people lihaveli received their free stuff and they will continue to get it.

People are going to wait the same amount of time regardless of what you post here, so I really don't see the point unless you are trying to discredit gratis somehow.

Congrats on getting your Ipod, BTW.

teletubbybreakdancer

13-10-2004 11:17:33

[quotea0ec1207ca="sootroom"][quotea0ec1207ca="teletubbybreakdancer"]

btw, i'm not complaining about getting an ipod, i got mine already... if you've actually read the post, it shows that i'm actually speaking for everyone based on a few observations i've made. i'm not going to debate whether or not its free. let's just put it this way it requires time. now because of idiots like u, we can't continue staying on topic with this post. our main concern is what is gratis doing, i know they're still turning yellows into greens, but what's their status besides what i've said. its just a little too quiet for me.[/quotea0ec1207ca]

So who made you the mouthpeice of the entire fipguide community? If you're so important to the level of being able to speak for everyone around here, then why arent you a moderator?

I challenge you to point out where the post was off topic. You said that gratis was pulling shit, and we called your bluff. It's not that everybody hates you. It's just that people lihaveli received their free stuff and they will continue to get it.

People are going to wait the same amount of time regardless of what you post here, so I really don't see the point unless you are trying to discredit gratis somehow.

Congrats on getting your Ipod, BTW.[/quotea0ec1207ca]

I never said they're pulling shit, besides the fact that they've stopped sending hp's and their whole engraving deal, which has also stopped. why the sudden drop of everything. and when was the last time you read about a mini? I want to know mainly what their current status is. So, kindly remove the stick from your arse and let's stay on topic.

alexvega

13-10-2004 11:19:20

just wait like the rest of us

Mr Sofa Sets

13-10-2004 11:26:33

Stop quoting everything...Jesus, it takes up so much room. If you need to quote someone, just quote the part that is relevant.

...please.

Anyhow, I heard that Gratis has ordered almost 1000 iPods so far this week. My cousin works for Apple and says that for a long time nobody there knew anything about Gratis, but now people are starting to talk due to the fact that their orders are being placed directly now. I hope that this is true, and that their site just needs to be updated with the shipping info. Anyone heard anything else?

hacktek

13-10-2004 11:49:30

"and when was the last time you read about a mini?"

About 1-2 weeks ago...

Ace

13-10-2004 11:58:19

ive been processing for 1 1/2 weeks that is really excessive and gay, and btw these are not free items

hacktek

13-10-2004 11:59:30

Nice karma lol

zed2004

13-10-2004 12:50:45

calm down people. no need to get rowdy.
stuff takes time, and as my theory begins to set it, the time is beginning to increase more and more.

then you have supply and demand issues.

i wonder if gratis is hiring...seems like they need more people to review accounts and process orders.

nerys

13-10-2004 19:54:16

Well first off not to flame but these are NOT free ipods. I have to work and work quite hard to get my ipod.

if you take the value of an ipod ($200 to $300) and divide it by the number of hours I put into this the pay is pretty paultry.

but I can not afford an ipod so working for one and getting it as "pay" is a very nice alternative.

but its DEFINATELY by no stretch a "free" ipod -)

Chris Taylor
http//www.nerys.com/

imricerxx

13-10-2004 20:10:23

lol someone received their flat screen today and they made a sent out a bunch of ipods today.. lol they can't ship everyday buddy

kpfeif

13-10-2004 20:11:03

What exactly is working "quite hard" in your world? Emailing a bunch of people asking them to pony up a credit card is not hard work. It can make you feel uncomfortable, but that doesn't make it hard.

Constantly checking on your status? That's not hard, either.

....and, of course, if you haven't had Econ 103, there is never EVER such thing as a "free lunch."

daveyiv

13-10-2004 20:15:19

[quotef2bbe35990="kpfeif"]
....and, of course, if you haven't had Econ 103, there is never EVER such thing as a "free lunch."[/quotef2bbe35990]

I hear that, I am taking that class right now, well not exactly 103, but 201 Microecon and it's about that principle at first

tyketto

13-10-2004 21:03:26

They are free. If you spend a lot of time doing this you need more friends. I spent very little time out of my life to get five stupid referrals. What are you doing? Going door to door and asking people to sign up?

As for the comment about the mini above... how many people actually ordered the mini on this board? Seems that just about 99 percent ordered the 20GB. So how would we know if minis were shipping?

nerys

13-10-2004 22:09:00

no but I invested about an hour into each person convincing them it was legit. convincing them to pay for something to help me. walking some of them through the process to completion etc.. (the less computer literate ones) etc.. my time is worth quite a bit. not counting the time researching each and every vendor to make sure they are not obvious scams (I was leary of all this at the onset)

so lets assume 20 hours (I think it was a wee higher but not by much) total invested time.

lets now count the added non corporeal expensive of spamm etc.. although they HAVE done pretty good in that area. I have gotten little spamm from them.

add in the cost of my completed offer and they are paying me about $13 an hour. not horrendous but by no means GOOD by any stretch.

I COULD get a used ipod for $150 and would probably be very happy with it (I will probably not use more than 4 or 5 gig for music -)

but the oppurtunity to get a brand new 20G and at minimal out of pocket expensive sounded good so I did it.

so my original statement stands. its NOT free (for most of us) sure I could have posted my referral link somewhere and waited months if not years for 5 random people to actually sign up but I want my ipod in this decade -) so I put some work into it and went from new sign up to STV in under 2 weeks.

Chris Taylor
http//www.nerys.com/

nerys

13-10-2004 22:16:50

just checked I signed up on 10/2 STV 10/13 3 days after I finished my work I got stv so 9 days from start to finish.

the work paid off in speed.

Chris Taylor
http//www.nerys.com/

maestro

13-10-2004 22:30:38

[quote4567e411cb="teletubbybreakdancer"]it seems like no one is shipping. a lot of people are sent to vendor and a lot of people are still processing. i haven't read any recent post on anyone getting their ipod. gratis is supposedly getting bursts of shipments, but i haven't heard anyone receiving jack shit. seriously, what is gratis trying to pull now? they stopped sending HPs and they stopped sending engraved iPods. but to me its like they stopped sending anything at all. its important that we all post a reply.[/quote4567e411cb]

Cry. Don't doubt Gratis.

tk

13-10-2004 22:55:24

[quoteb65bf446a1="nerys"]nso lets assume 20 hours (I think it was a wee higher but not by much) total invested time.

lets now count the added non corporeal expensive of spamm etc.. although they HAVE done pretty good in that area. I have gotten little spamm from them.

add in the cost of my completed offer and they are paying me about $13 an hour. not horrendous but by no means GOOD by any stretch.
[/quoteb65bf446a1]

Ok, so if you weren't working on getting this free ipod what would you have been doing? Was your answer working a job at an hourly wage? If it wasn't, then your time was worth nothing. You would have been doing nothing durring this time that would amount to you making money.

Also, I have gotten no spam from gratis. I signed up for the offers and the gratis sites with separate, unfiltered email addresses. Guess which one is getting a lot of spam.

nerys

14-10-2004 00:01:55

illogical statement. if you are OUT of work is your time also worth nothing ? that kind of a statement is silly and if your half intelligent you would know this. yet you said it anyway ?

I could have watched some backlogged telivision. I could have worked on the carbon fiber spars for my rocket glider. Updated my website. burned some DVD's etc.. etc.. etc.. I have very little free time. if I am not doing something I am likely asleep.

my time is VERY valuable. I have a VERY finite fixed amount of it.

I deemed this time worth the expenditure since I hopefully will get an ipod in exchange for it.

I never said it was not worth it. I stated simply and ABSOLUTELY FACTUALLY without the possibility of you having a logical retort or abiltiy to argue that it was NOT free by ANY definitions or stretches of the imagination.

I paid in time a value equal to this ipod. period. AND I paid in money for my offer (I do not put much weight in that since I DO get something from the offer as well)

20-30 hours of my life is GONE. I can never get that part of my life back. so you can bet I want my ipod as compensation for that time spent as promised etc..

it may not have cost me physical dollars fro my pocket but referencing the dictionary

Costing nothing; gratuitous a free meal.

NO reference to money. in fact NO WHERE in the entire "definition" of the word free is money mentioned.

these ipods are NOT free. except to someone who posts a link and then forgets it and lets time and randomness do its thing (if it ever does) I did not want to wait that long. and even then its not free just really really cheap.

so again I will say it.

this Ipod that I am hoping to get was NOT free. it cost me at a minimum 20-30 hours of my life.

since most people equate hours into a wage or money earned I made the connection. using the ipod as "payment" for my "employment" at gratis I got paid roughly $13 an hour to work roughly 20 hours.

Anymore questions ?

Chris Taylor
http//www.nerys.com/

Guardian

14-10-2004 00:12:05

@nerys

your website well deserves that 20 hours ;) ... its very ummm basic!

mremis

14-10-2004 00:50:30

if your time is worth so much to you, why not just go and buy an ipod?

tk

14-10-2004 08:54:15

[quote527281c4bd="nerys"]Costing nothing; gratuitous a free meal.

NO reference to money. in fact NO WHERE in the entire "definition" of the word free is money mentioned.

these ipods are NOT free. except to someone who posts a link and then forgets it and lets time and randomness do its thing (if it ever does) I did not want to wait that long. and even then its not free just really really cheap.[/quote527281c4bd]

We live in an economy based on money. Would you have been earning money if you weren't working on getting your free ipod? No. Therefore, it did not cost you anything. Your time may be valuable to yourself in that it is precious, but you are the only person that sees it that way. Nobody else gives 2 shits what you are spending your "free time" doing, it has no value at all in our economy.

DIGITALgimpus

14-10-2004 09:04:46

Actually basic economics says ANY time = money.

SImply because it has unlimited potential.

Sleep is worth something (it allows your body to stay healthy).

So is relaxation (you pay to go on vacation don't you).

So is work (it makes money).

All time == money.

Perhaps the one exception is prison. But even then, time is money, since the sooner your out, the sooner you can make money.

nerys

14-10-2004 10:36:37

we live in an economy based on money. he did not say the ipod was recieved with no menetary value. he said it was free and by definition it is not.

you coud say it comes free of any monetary cost (and even then not truly correct for most but theout of pocket expense it minimal and you get something for that expense etc..)

I am not sure why you are even arguing. you have absolutely no basis on which to argue. I have closed and accounted for all conditions situatiations and loop holes

you are arguing without an oxygen tank. not a good idea. this is called an ego argument. you argue simply because you can not accept defeat. can not accept that you are wrong and can not shut up because you mind would percieve that as presenting yourself as accepting some level of defeat.

so... you keep arguing. this is how most arguments flame wars etc. etc. etc.. work they are ego arguments. reinforced by the anonymity of the internet.

as for my site. hea yeah right. I have not updated that site since ???2000-2001 ?? if then.

the only sites I current update are www.naramlive.com and www.zodiacreview.com

zodiacreview.com has not been updated in 2 months sadly. just no time to devote to it (I work 7 days a week) got to have the all important money !

I want a new camera by next summer. that means I have to save up at least $3,000 in 10 months. thats gonna be tough for certain once you take out overhead bills and savings.

no time for my website sadly.

so you just keep on deluding yourself. I DO expect a reply. it is an ego argument afterall. would be quite surprised if I got no reply actually. call that a challenge alas I bet it goes unanswered IE you will reply. your ego will make certain of that.

Chris Taylor
http//www.nerys.com/

tetro

14-10-2004 10:56:13

If time is money, then why does chris taylor keep wasting his (and our) time with all these rants. Quit bitching and get back to work.

alexvega

14-10-2004 10:58:49

nerys your time is only valuable to you. No one else cares if you watch TV or whack off. 10 hours into your Freeipod venture, you should have realized, holy crap, maybe i could do somthing else. The lenghts of your posts indicate that you obviously have way too much time; so at least you're getting an ipod. Shut up.

PS- Cancel your order so we can get ours faster.

sootroom

14-10-2004 11:22:47

[quoted552e2331b="tetro"]If time is money, then why does chris taylor keep wasting his (and our) time with all these rants. Quit bitching and get back to work.[/quoted552e2331b]

Haha. Ouch. Burn.

l0th

14-10-2004 11:24:19

[quote04f198a397]since most people equate hours into a wage or money earned I made the connection. using the ipod as "payment" for my "employment" at gratis I got paid roughly $13 an hour to work roughly 20 hours. [/quote04f198a397]
Stop wasting your time on the board, your wage is decreasing by the minute )

zed2004

14-10-2004 11:32:18

i sense unnecessary hostility...could be built up from all the waiting...

l0th

14-10-2004 12:01:00

As for me, I'm just hostile by nature I'm a 10/13 stv lol

teletubbybreakdancer

14-10-2004 12:07:46

well like i said... i didn't want this to turn into a debate about whether or not the ipod is free. but now u gays want a debate, so you're gonna get one.

my stand freeipods is not free

no.1 because TIME is being invested in referral searching and oftentimes your offer will require some sort of payment.

no.2 you ever heard of 'get paid for surfing the net', is that called 'free money' then? NO.

no.3 didn't your parents ever tell u 'son/daughter, nothing in life is ever free [there's always a catch]'?

top that flickfaces. lol

CaseTheAce

15-10-2004 06:18:14

Who spends 20-30 hours on trying to get a free ipod?!?! For real, I spent like an hour.... these guys are so ridiculous! Arguing on a free ipod forum.... get a life guys lol As for me...just waiting like the rest.

CollidgeGraduit

15-10-2004 06:21:34

Exactly, Case. I spent, at most, 2-3 hours on freeiPods, and I did it at work... so I guess I really made money on this thing )

sootroom

15-10-2004 06:22:17

[quoteafa17a5b51="CaseTheAce"]Who spends 20-30 hours on trying to get a free ipod?!?! For real, I spend like an hour.... these guys are so ridiculus! Arguing on a free ipod forum.... get a life guys lol As for me...just waiting like the rest.[/quoteafa17a5b51]

I think I spent about the same amount of time. It's really not hard to do. I suppose it could take longer if you don't have access to alot of people who like the latest gadgets.

CaseTheAce

15-10-2004 06:27:48

I didn't even ask my friends to sign up, cause they would all think it was a scam...haha, I just got my link up on a rotation from a guy that owns google page rank, and when you search for freeipods on google, his site is one of the top ones...so everyone goes there. I had like 60 yellows and got my green pretty fast. Took me no time at all. man....30 hrs....I can't imagine....what a waste of life D

Diam0nd City

15-10-2004 06:36:40

I ordered on 8/6 and went into ip3 on 8/10...I just got shipped tuesday this week. roll