is IP recorded when you sign up or only when you do an offer

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1550

Hale

12-10-2004 18:10:10

I have a friend who signed up and did the ebay offer on my computer.. he even won his auction.. but never got credit on freeipods (I assume because he had the same IP as me)

he wants to do another offer now on his own computer.. but will he get credit for it? or will it remember the IP from before and not give him credit?

thanks

Anonymous

12-10-2004 18:11:53

if he hasnt received credit, i guess he can do it from his house.

ken2323

12-10-2004 18:23:45

don't you think that only freeipods would record the ip address when you sign up for freeipods? I think it would too hard for a webmaster to ask the companies if they can send the ip address to freeipods...what do you think?

zed2004

12-10-2004 18:58:55

i think most everyone records IP addresses nowadays. it's not too hard and all they have to do is add it as an entry into a database.
which brings me to another question.

do you think they are logging all of the IPs that you log in under or just the last one?

i've logged into my freeipods.com account on probably 3 different computers now...which wasn't smart, and now i'm wondering if there is a running log of IPs for a particular user. i doubt this is the case, otherwise their logs would grow like mary jane in a humid closet.