My Daily Dose and more...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1543

tcoop25

12-10-2004 15:47:45

Today I canceled mydailydose because I didn't care for the product they sent me. It costed like 5 bucks for the shipping and that was it. They were very easy to deal with...just gave them my name and zip and they canceled it no problem.

I also canceled ancestry.com, and that was the biggest damned pain in the ass to cancel. I tryed out the service, but there was no way I was paying 200 bucks for it. After a good 15 minutes of them begging me to try out new offers they finally canceled it.

I decided to go through with blockbuster.com for another month. I had Netflix, but blockbuster is cheaper so I canceled Netflix. Well, I guess this just proves that the companies that advertise with Gratis do make money off the deal.

EatChex89

12-10-2004 16:02:31

yep they do

Ace

12-10-2004 16:48:18

unfortunately they do /

borderlineangelic

12-10-2004 18:48:52

Since when did Ancestry start sucking? I mean, all I had to do to cancel my account was give them my name, and basic account information - and they gave me a confirmation number. I think they've been talking to AOL reps...

zed2004

12-10-2004 18:54:28

lol...i'm cancelling ancestry.com in a few days.
i'll see how that goes.

spiff999

12-10-2004 20:09:58

I had no problems with ancestry. Sure, the guy wanted me to stay on and try it out for a while. After a minute or so he knew I wanted to cancel, so he did. When I called it was probably an hour after I had signed up. When I cancelled he said he would set it to cancel it at the end of the 2 week trial. So, I really wanted it cancelled ASAP, but instead it looked like I tried it out and cancelled after my trial was up. Maybe that was the only thing that kept me from not getting credit from Gratis?! Otherwise maybe Gratis would have said "NO CREDIT FOR YOU"

joecansee

12-10-2004 20:15:16

Yeah, I was on the phone max 5 minutes with Ancestry today

gallagdh

13-10-2004 06:51:03

with My Daily Dose, when you do the free trial and get the stuff they send you, can you cancel before they start you on that automatic payment thing where they just start billing you every month? something in the fine print didn't look right on that one.

but yeah it didn't take me very long to cancel ancestry.com. when i first said i wanted to cancel the guy said 'here let me give you some tips to refine your search so you won't have to cancel' and i just said 'no thats ok i just want to cancel' and i didnt have any problem after that.

chillywilly

13-10-2004 13:16:55

Haven't done MyDailyDose. what kind of meds is it? Weight loss?

I did Ancestory.com, Blockbuster, infone and eFax. Took me about 8 mins to cancel Ancestory.com. I was planning on keeping it, but it didn't do a very good job at finding my ancestors. I'm sure if I played with it for longer than the two weeks, I may have found something, but I didn't have $200 to keep it around.

Blockbuster was very good and I may actually keep it. They are giving me until Nov. 8th to continue the service at almsot $8 cheaper than NetFlix. I have a pure hatred for Blockbuster, but this offer did a lot to make me feel better about them. Plus at $15 a mo, it may be worth it for the next 6 months.

Infone is cool. I used it once and it's ok, but with a cell phone with free long distance, it doesn't make a lot of sense. More so from a home phone, which is why I'll keep it. That and they don't bill you until you get to the 6th call (first 5 are free).

eFax is a pain in the ass. I will cancel this one. Have they not heard of PDF? I guess not, since you have to d'load their piece of shit app that didn't work too well on any of my 3 systems. And they don't support Mac, which I thought was odd (which will be one of the reasons I use to cancel). That and I don't send a lot of faxes lately.

eBay is still the best option, but it's hardly ever on FIP. Mostly on the other free sites.

Just make sure cookies are free to do whatever or else you won't get the credit correctly applied.