Would my dumb friend get me on hold?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1538

megamike69

12-10-2004 13:23:15

I sent one of my friends some information to sign up for freeipods.com, but the next day I saw him signed up twice under my referral link! I told him hotmail doesn't work well (he used hotmail accounts to sign up), and I told him to go into the account to change the email address to his school mail, so he can receive confirmation emails. But later I saw him signed up again, a 3rd account, under my referral link!

I told him this is a violation of the terms, and he can't have multiple accounts. So I basically told him he won't be able to get an ipod now, so don't both completing any offers and put me on hold. So now I have him as 3 yellows, but he never completed any offers. =(

Has anyone been in a similar situation before, where miscommunication with friends ended up with multiple accounts? He will remain yellow, will this put me on hold when I get all of my greens from other people? evil

miraluka

12-10-2004 13:44:25

He can remove the two un-used accounts. I forget how though.

Do a search.

DisastirousMurmur

12-10-2004 13:58:19

i signed up on freeipods.com like 4 times(lots of different reasons), but im done with my referals and waiting for my ipod right now. but that was before it got really strict, right now u can get put on hold for any weird reason

BlingKing

12-10-2004 14:17:22

yeah someone misspelled their email under my FFS i dont think it will matter as long as its yellow though...

Ace

12-10-2004 14:30:26

someone did taht for me, but im having no problems yet

tetro

12-10-2004 14:31:43

im guessing if the other accounts aren't used, he should be safe.

PaulAnthonyGerdes@yahoo

12-10-2004 14:45:58

i was in the same situation, and i was approved just recently. Except it was me who signed up multiple times not a friend. It was an accident and before i even completed all my offers i sent gratis an e-mail explaining the situation, and that i didnt want to other 2 acounts. And after that i never logged on my other accounts, and I got aproved fine. I also changed my name on the bogus accounts from "paul" to "paul (i dont want this acount)" or omsehtin like that.

You cant delete any account though, you can asked to be taken off the mailing list but whoever said you can delete an account was wrong, but just do what i did you should be fine, gratis is good they will understand as long as they know you arent trying to scam them.

mremis

12-10-2004 16:25:48

i think if youre ok if they stay yellow

zed2004

12-10-2004 19:02:40

from what i've seen so far... the only information gratis has of you when you initially sign up is
just an email address
an optional first name
and an IP address (and other header info)
?

nerys

13-10-2004 21:02:50

Multiple accounts in this scenario is FINE. one of my co workers signed up for me and goofed not using the link. so she just abandoned it and resigned using my link. no problem. now if you USE both accounts. NOW you will have a problem although it should only result in the the referred being put on hold NOT YOU unless you did something improper.

if in doubt. ASK THEM. they are quite responsive. I sent 2 questions both were answered inside of a week. the first was answered in 3 days.

Chris Taylor
http//www.nerys.com/