HP technical support surprisingly fast and good......

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1474

Artanis262

10-10-2004 19:47:25

I just called HP today because my hPod distorts and sounds staticy on some songs on higher volumes, and I called to tell them about it. They walked me through the software restore process (even though I told them I had already tried it roll) , and then they asked me to play a song over the phone. After hearing it, they said they would send me a package to send the iPod back to them in (they also said to put ONLY the iPod in the box, because that's all you'll get back if you send anything extra). So I should have my package here in a couple days, then I pack up my iPod and send it in at no charge to get fixed (i.e. most likely replaced). Quite a painless process. I think the longest I was on hold was 3 minutes.

Just posting this so that anyone else who got an hPod would know what they would be dealing with if they ever had to call HP Technical Support.

btvsrocks

10-10-2004 20:12:55

Yeah HP seem pretty good in regards to customer service. I had problems with one of their printers and they promptly sent me another one (then, using the packaging to send back my defunct one).

DisastirousMurmur

10-10-2004 21:28:46

thats pretty cool

Icarus

10-10-2004 21:51:55

how can you tell anything by putting a speaker up to a phone? that guy is crazy.

good service though.