Ok. What does this all mean?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1453

soldiery

09-10-2004 21:40:47

Ok, just listen to me.

Have you ever wondered what this all means? I mean, why do we sit here on this website wondering when our iPod will be shipped? I want an iPod more than anyone else, yet I am consumed with this phenomenon more than anyone else. How do we become so addicted to something that is electronic in nature? Why do we devote so much of our lives to something that is meaningless spiritually? Why have we created so much of our pastime surrounded by a product manufactured by the "man" that does nothing more than merely play music? What have we become, as humans? Why have we sunk so low? What suggestions do you have as another man (or lady, hehehe)? What do we do? Please help me. I am a lost soul.....................

DScala

09-10-2004 22:57:16

Music was around well before "The Man" came into play. And if the iPod doesn't satiate your materialistic lust, then you can always check out FFS or FDPC. Or just walk away from the whole thing and forget about it.

astroboy

09-10-2004 23:01:59

i don't know what the answer is, but thanks for asking the question. i've been wondering the same thing for some time now, but was unable to put it into words. i hate materialistic this is. i hate how obsessive it makes me. but it's just so hard to look away. i'm sure getting the damn ipod will be totally anticlimactic. it'll be awesome fora few days then it'll be just another music playing device...

sevenfx

09-10-2004 23:02:28

It's not worth getting so worked up over, seriously the best thing is to just not think about it, and waste your time on the forums. You won't get the ipod any faster. And yes it is nice to get it, but really it doesn't change your whole world the way you think it might. I received mine and enjoyed it for a day and managed to fuck it up. Well I guess I'll keep trying to fix it P

RoeCyris

10-10-2004 06:47:20

It means you have no life and no money. Now, go read a book.

link626

10-10-2004 07:47:33

did the chicken or egg come first?

discuss.

snakeanthony

10-10-2004 11:52:32

http//ghost-planet.warped.com/internets.jpg[" alt=""/imgb9e9e93048]

maestro

10-10-2004 12:04:14

Just buy an iPod. You'll feel better.

Santa

10-10-2004 12:59:34

[quote298b6f0d86="link626"]did the chicken or egg come first?

discuss.[/quote298b6f0d86]

The egg came first of course, you need potential first then a living organism.

Ace

10-10-2004 13:22:40

lmfao, what a stupid question

DyedBlue

10-10-2004 13:27:40

Or if you are a creationist, then God created the chicken first.
OH MAN CONTROVERSY

Anyway, the question soldiery is asking seems to be "Why do we spend so much time doing things that aren't spiritually enlightening?" which seems to be a question better put to the guys (and gals, hehehe) (wtf) at some kind of MIT philosophy department forum. You know, where you go to school because you got a research scholarship to come up with an ipod OS and get referals using C++ etc. Asking it here amounts to "Why do you guys at this FreeiPod forum talk about this FreeiPod dealie so much....as humans?"

However, interestingly enough, when you think about it this whole thing actually bears a little resemblance to certain religions. It's difficult to prove, we're doing it based on faith, at the end we expect a big payoff and it's going to be a big "I told you so" moment for all the nonbelievers.

POW

saiyajin822

10-10-2004 13:44:12

wow...you all are on pot