Shipped but not received! Anyone else?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=14375

Flavius

16-05-2005 17:08:34

Has this happened to anybody else?
"Approved" - 4/18
"sent to vendor" - 4/25

Eventually (don't remember the exact date) my status changed to "shipped" and I got the DHL tracking link to check the status of my shipment. The DHL site has my name, correct address, and estimated delivery date of 5/12. But for the current status is says "No status available. Please contact us." I called DHL and they said the package was never shipped and to contact the shipper.
I did a customer service inquiry with Gratis and I'm currently waiting for a response.
5/13/2005 84521 PM
customer service wrote
>Due to the high volume of customer inquiries, we cannot provide each person with a time frame of when they will each receive their order.
We ask that you be patient during the order fulfillment process as it is not an "instantaneous" process. Orders are grouped together in the time period that they are initially placed by the customer and then sent to the product's vendor for the orders to be fulfilled.
Once your order is placed with the product vendor it is processed and then shipped to you.
When your order ships you will be notified and will receive tracking information (tracking number not applicable to freehandbags.com) to follow your order's shipment. Please be patient and your account will be updated when your order ships.
Again, we cannot provide individual order updates; your account will update itself as soon as any change to your order status occurs.

5/13/2005 84521 PM
email==xxxxx@yahoo.comxxxxx@yahoo.com=xxxxx@yahoo.comxxxxx@yahoo.com/email wrote
I got the DHL tracking number from your site (xxxxxxxx471). I went to their site and put that number in and it told me that no status was available even though it shows my "Ship To" information.
When I sent an inquiry to DHL I was told the following "Our records indicate an airbill was generated however DHL never took possession of the package under this tracking number. Please contact your shipper to see if this package shipped under a different airbill number."
Is there a different airbill number I can track my package with?
Thanks!
PS I'm concerned because the DHL site shows an estimated delivery date of 5/12.[/coloreecde8c188]

Has this happened to anybody else?!?!?!

MicroChris

16-05-2005 17:23:16

Thats an auto-reply. I think they still get it.

Flavius

16-05-2005 17:27:26

[quote4086183c12="MicroChris"]Thats an auto-reply. I think they still get it.[/quote4086183c12]

Well, yeah.... I knew that. I'm just trying to see if anybody else is having this same prblm while I'm waiting to hear back from them.

MSX

17-05-2005 19:15:45

This just means that eFulfillment paid to have the item shipped, but they haven't actually shipped it yet. Once they actually hand it over to DHL, you status should change.

Hope you get it soon ).

Flavius

17-05-2005 19:45:18

[quote9a2e9c936c="MSX"]This just means that eFulfillment paid to have the item shipped, but they haven't actually shipped it yet. Once they actually hand it over to DHL, you status should change.

Hope you get it soon ).[/quote9a2e9c936c]

Thanks MSX... Is this common? Has this happened to anybody else? It seems like others that got approved around the same time as I did already got theirs. (

cartrenroy

17-05-2005 21:40:34

Oh that sucks, maybe the went to your house and you were not there.

JerseyEd25

18-05-2005 05:56:16

[quote49c83d7891="MSX"]This just means that eFulfillment paid to have the item shipped, but they haven't actually shipped it yet. Once they actually hand it over to DHL, you status should change.[/quote49c83d7891]

actually, the only way to be able to track a package is when it actually gets SCANNED by the driver in the system. Even tho an airbill and tracking number is generated, none of the info is in the tracking system because it was not picked up.....

Did they have a "pick up scan" on the tracking info???

Flavius

18-05-2005 20:11:51

[quote6d4043506e="JerseyEd25"]actually, the only way to be able to track a package is when it actually gets SCANNED by the driver in the system. Even tho an airbill and tracking number is generated, none of the info is in the tracking system because it was not picked up.....

Did they have a "pick up scan" on the tracking info???[/quote6d4043506e]

No. There's no pick-up scan.

Flavius

18-05-2005 20:16:52

[quote1e53472e75="cartrenroy"]Oh that sucks, maybe the went to your house and you were not there.[/quote1e53472e75]

If they came to my house and I wasn't home I'm sure they would've left a note or somthing and the status on the DHL web site would've changed. Plus they (DHL) told me that haven't even shipped it.

cartrenroy

18-05-2005 20:26:48

[quote76fc5719b3="Flavius"][quote76fc5719b3="cartrenroy"]Oh that sucks, maybe the went to your house and you were not there.[/quote76fc5719b3]

If they came to my house and I wasn't home I'm sure they would've left a note or somthing and the status on the DHL web site would've changed. Plus they (DHL) told me that haven't even shipped it.[/quote76fc5719b3]

then were is it, I don't know left notes - I think UPS is the only one (don't know)

weird

Flavius

19-05-2005 12:29:55

I guess i'll have to wait to hear back from Gratis. they're taking their sweet time about responding. x

Flavius

23-05-2005 16:04:22

Update

Here's the response I just got back from Gratis....

5/23/2005 42934 PM
customer service wrote
This item shipped on 5/11/05. Please make sure you have given us the correct shipping address (XXXX XX XXXX, XXXXX XXXX, XXXXX). This can be found under the "My Account" section of the site, and by clicking order history. Click on the order in question, and double check your shipping info. If it is correct, then ask friends, family and neighbors if they could have signed for a package. Please confirm us back in case that you haven't received the ipod. Thank you for contacting us.

Now I'm really confused. Why would Gratis tell me they shipped it but DHL say they didn't??? ?

I sent Gratis another inquiry. It sounds like Gratis and DHL have some serious communication issues.

Flavius

27-05-2005 08:53:33

Still no iPod. Am I still the only one dealing with this problem?

Flavius

08-06-2005 11:31:29

Yes!! Wifey just called me at work and said DHL just dropped of "me precious"!!! Thanks Jake for all of your help!!!

hehehhehe

08-06-2005 12:32:17

Congrats. Seems like you've earned it lol.