Canadians get screwed

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1427

MKDaMan

09-10-2004 09:10:42

As usual, the US doesnt allow us Canadian geezers to participate. The thing that bites is that most of those offers ship to Canada! Anybody think we should set up a site for Canada? (I'm guessing since most of u r Americans u would say no)

fresh27

09-10-2004 09:28:01

i wouldve finished all my offers in about 3 days if canada was accepted. sadly, most of the people i know on the internet are canadian (

Santa

09-10-2004 10:01:53

I live in Canada and I am almost done. I just used my Aunt's CC and address.

MKDaMan

09-10-2004 10:05:17

I have no relatives/friends living in the States that are willing to do this. They think its shady. Thats why I wanted help from someone to simply fill out one of the sponsorship offers (Blockbuster, etc.) and then I could get the ipod shipped to my cousin. When I requested this, however, I got laughed at. HELP!? ( cry

gchoee

09-10-2004 11:27:53

if Gratis opened this for Canadians, gratis could make a LOT more money

I think we should start a petition D

tyketto

09-10-2004 11:42:37

Perhaps there's laws involved, especially with taxes? It's not just as easy as saying "OK Canada. Get your free iPod!"

crow216

09-10-2004 12:03:07

Whats the difference....you can't play hockey on an ipod.....lol

btvsrocks

09-10-2004 12:05:18

Well shipping FROM the U.S. would present a problem i.e. custom fees and whatnot. But if they found a supplier based in Canada (or used "Border Free" as they have that available at ecost for example) then that wouldn't be a problem.

But I think they [b06b31dc4dc]should[/b06b31dc4dc] start a Canadian chapter for Gratis. I mean, we're in North America too, not even overseas so it's not like Canada is equivalent to the U.K. when it comes to why certain countries are being left out. I would love an LCD monitor or a Dell computer but obviously these are things that are too big/heavy to ship across the border. It CAN be done but I don't want to hassle my uncle who already sent me the iPod.

joshmiao

09-10-2004 12:34:58

[quotec0bcc27e02="btvsrocks"]Well shipping FROM the U.S. would present a problem i.e. custom fees and whatnot. But if they found a supplier based in Canada (or used "Border Free" as they have that available at ecost for example) then that wouldn't be a problem.

But I think they [bc0bcc27e02]should[/bc0bcc27e02] start a Canadian chapter for Gratis. I mean, we're in North America too, not even overseas so it's not like Canada is equivalent to the U.K. when it comes to why certain countries are being left out. I would love an LCD monitor or a Dell computer but obviously these are things that are too big/heavy to ship across the border. It CAN be done but I don't want to hassle my uncle who already sent me the iPod.[/quotec0bcc27e02]

wodnerful uncle

Malkavian^C^

09-10-2004 19:49:38

[quotef4eed22974="tyketto"]Perhaps there's laws involved, especially with taxes? It's not just as easy as saying "OK Canada. Get your free iPod!"[/quotef4eed22974]

This must be the case. The canadian market is huge, Gratis wouldn't keep themselves out of it unless they stood to lose a lot in some way by allowing them to participate