Blockbuster Offer

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1392

eraser122

08-10-2004 12:54:02

How does the Blockbuster Offer work as of right now? Will I get credit instantly and exactly when should I cancel it?

Malkavian^C^

08-10-2004 13:00:09

I got credit instantly.

However, that's a fairly nice offer--I went and got my 3 DVDs and watched them and cancelled 2 days before the trial was up--after that they give you 10 days to mail the DVDs back. It's a nice deal and IMHO worth taking full advantage of.

eraser122

08-10-2004 15:37:40

Did you get charged (mistakenly)?

mapStuart

08-10-2004 15:47:14

Blockbuster has been a great deal for me as well. 3 DVDs free, plus 2 instore rentals. My membership ended yesterday and I haven't been mistakenly charged. Also, you can cancel via the web - which is nice not to have to explain to some CSR why your cancelling, etc.

It seems to me the Blockbuster Offer is the one to try to sell people on. Pretty much everyone has a blockbuster account, so its a trusted name. Its not like you're giving your contact information to an unknown source so you feel you might start getting spam/telemarketing calls. You get a minimum of 5 free rentals (worth $15-$20) with the possibility of 8 ($30+) or so if you watch the 3 quickly and get 3 more back. You can have the DVDs out when you cancel since you have 10 days after you cancel to return the movies.

Malformed

08-10-2004 16:00:37

sounds nice, do you have to pay for return shipping?
i may do this offer even though i allready completed the GM card offer a couple months ago.

i actualy like to rent videos, but its hard to get out to pick them up.
i live right on the beach so property value is through the roof, not many chains will open up stores nearby.
hell, the nearest post office is 8 miles away or so.

this would be very convienent.

Ace

08-10-2004 16:17:59

i think that they take away your credit if your referral doesnt use the full two week period (

mapStuart

08-10-2004 16:25:44

no cost for shipping either direction - just drop it in your mail when you want to send it back.

If you're seriously going to consider it and getting 2 extra instore rentals a month aren't worth it - you may also want to check out the free trial of Netflix after you do the blockbuster one. Netfix typically has more selection and more stock of the most sought after movies (for instance a movie I put in my Blockbuster Queue had a "Long Wait" but the same movie from Netflix was available immediately). Also I Walmart has a movie program as well (obviously Walmart would be cheapest - I think $18.76/month for 3 out) and they have a 30 day trial! So, do the Blockbuster one when you need to complete another offer (for maybe a different gratis site). Also, Netflix is an option on freegiftplanet.com so you can get points for that free trial as well.

DVDs through the mail is definitely a cool and useful service - especially for someone like yourself that likes renting/watching but its not really convenient). If you really think you'll do it, I'd do the free trials on all of them to see which ones have the closest shipping centers to you (turn around is important in order to get your money out of the monthly fees). I believe Netflix has (or at least had) the most centers and provided the fastest turn around, but with Blockbuster and Walmart in the mix they can't be far behind. Between Blockbuster and Netflix I liked the Netflix interface better and how it tied in associated movies to the ones I was interested in. Everything was cross-referenced very intelligently and laid out nicely. Of course, they HAVE to make it work since they're the ones that don't have the money bags behind them like Blockbuster and Walmart. But Netflix had a good headstart and they run a tight/organized ship. I think you'd really like the service. Blockbuster was very cool and efficient as well.

mapStuart

08-10-2004 16:26:30

[quotec08c9cc270="Ace"]i think that they take away your credit if your referral doesnt use the full two week period ([/quotec08c9cc270]It says that in the offer detail pop-up when you click through, but I've never heard of it actually happening to anyone (quite the inverse actually).

Malkavian^C^

08-10-2004 16:50:40

[quote6639122e83="eraser122"]Did you get charged (mistakenly)?[/quote6639122e83]

Not as far as I can tell. BB informed me that my trial period is good until the end of my two week period and THEN ill be cancelled. In thery i guess that means i could have sent my DVDs back and gotten more so long as it was preocesssed before the 2 weeks were up

nerys

09-10-2004 18:52:51

its odd my BB offer completion got credited nearly instantly. my dads myinks thing took 2-3 days. my friend Glen's still has not cleared and Jacquelin's cleared in 30 minutes and my inks says it will say 1-2 days.

coworkers book club cleared in 3 days another co worker did 2 offers!! -) vitamins and ancestry.com and both supposed to be instant but he has not cleared yet either. if either he or glen clears I have my 5.

christina (she did the book offer) wants to try to get an ipod but she did not get the verification e-mail from freeipods. apparently there is an issue with hotmail and getting mail from free ipods. still working on that.

Chris Taylor
http//www.nerys.com/