You can't use the ebay offer if you already have an account?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1389

lizerauti

08-10-2004 11:52:43

Man that really sucks, I have an eBay account already and so do my friends. I STILL NEED TO COMPLETE AN OFFER. x

Unless.. you can?

BlingKing

08-10-2004 12:06:35

yeah, same here. But you can't

Mr Sofa Sets

08-10-2004 12:09:19

Listen, You should not come here and create a new topic, just to think about cheating. If you already have an Ebay account, do a different offer. Why do you think the Ebay offer went away to begin with?

lizerauti

08-10-2004 12:14:23

How is it cheating? I thought there were many people that had multiple ebay accounts anyway (people that have nothing to do with the free gratis sites).

Mr Sofa Sets

08-10-2004 12:21:43

[quote04075b40a1="lizerauti"]...(people that have nothing to do with the free gratis sites).[/quote04075b40a1]

That is the key. The Gratis offer is for [u04075b40a1]new[/u04075b40a1] users. They will not get paid for non unique, or fake Ebay accounts. This will surely cause the Ebay offer to be removed again soon.

lizerauti

08-10-2004 12:55:13

[quote99451984d7="Mr Sofa Sets"][quote99451984d7="lizerauti"]...(people that have nothing to do with the free gratis sites).[/quote99451984d7]

That is the key. The Gratis offer is for [u99451984d7]new[/u99451984d7] users. They will not get paid for non unique, or fake Ebay accounts. This will surely cause the Ebay offer to be removed again soon.[/quote99451984d7]

I don't even see why ebay is paying Gratis for this, people will bid, but they don't have the intent of buying the item anyway. This will only increase the price of the product in the auction, giving the seller a better chance for making more money therefore making the seller pay more money to ebay because they have to pay ebay a fee based on the price they sold their item.

hmm wait.. i just answered my own question, but that would be a cheap move by ebay.

Anyway, i see that you have completed all FOUR gratis sites in a very short amount of time. I highly doubt that you got your referrals by just telling your friends and family or any of the other 'conventional' methods. and i also doubt that you signed up for four offers that you were ACTUALLY interested in. So techniquely, you are in a way, cheating.

So don't get on my case for asking this question. roll

mapStuart

08-10-2004 13:45:48

Obviously, I think we can safely assume that people did not complete their offers with the idea they were "seriously" interested in them. So, in that sense, Gratis themselves are promoting a form of dishonesty, although they do specify that you should do an offer you are interested in (a way of paying lipservice to the notion of interested referrals and its in Gratis' best interest to send legitimate referrals).

However, I think doing an offer that you aren't REALLY interested in, but still respecting that site's terms and conditions is definitely different than blatantly ignoring them. So, to go to Ebay and create a new account, even though you already have another account is certainly cheating both Ebay and Gratis since the intent of the Gratis referral is only for NEW ebay members. This is not in the interest of Gratis, for referred individuals to break teh rules of their advertising companies' websites.

Can you see that distinction? Basically I look at it from the perspective of Gratis, who I want to see succeed for numerous reasons (gratitude for my items, possibility of future offers, etc) - will my completing an offer damage their credibility and the likelihood of that advertiser remaining with them. They had to remove Ebay previously because there were too many folks taking advantage of it fraudulently. The same will be the case with any of the other great offers. We need to abide by the terms and conditions of the advertisers so we don't bring heat down on Gratis, plain and simple.

Lizerauti, you asked the question in your initial post - we're just giving you our take on it.

Mr Sofa Sets

08-10-2004 14:40:16

[quote6b65a61e0d="lizerauti"]...Anyway, i see that you have completed all FOUR gratis sites in a very short amount of time. I highly doubt that you got your referrals by just telling your friends and family or any of the other 'conventional' methods. and i also doubt that you signed up for four offers that you were ACTUALLY interested in. So techniquely, you are in a way, cheating.

So don't get on my case for asking this question. roll[/quote6b65a61e0d]

OK, first off let me answer your implications that I myself "cheated". You are correct in the assumption that I did not use [u6b65a61e0d]only[/u6b65a61e0d] the "conventional" methods of getting your family and friends to sign up, although I did receive some referrals this way. However, ALL of my referrals are legitimate and every offer was completed by unique individuals. The only thing that you could say is that I spammed people, but I only spammed where spam is permitted (IE. Gratis related forums, etc...)

Second, The 4 offers that I completed are as follows
Stamps.com.........FIP
Infone.................FFS
Ancestry.com.......FDPC
BocaJava.............FHB

-I own a small business and regularly use my stamps.com service. I am not planning on canceling.
-I have used Infone a few times, and have added money to my account instead of canceling.
-I have been using Ancestry.com and found some very interesting info. It turns out that I had a half brother that died when he was only 5 days old. Other than that, it is not very useful for me so I [u6b65a61e0d]will[/u6b65a61e0d] cancel this one before my trial period is over, but I did give it a try which is all they want.
-I am a coffee drinker so Boca Java is perfect for me. I have already placed a second order for some products other than coffee from them such as hot cocoa and flavored syrups.

Now it should be obvious that I had every intention of using the offers that I chose so please don't try to assume you know other people's situations.

[quote6b65a61e0d="mapStuart"]Lizerauti, you asked the question in your initial post - we're just giving you our take on it.[/quote6b65a61e0d]

As usual mapStuart, I agree with everything that you said in your last post. I'm glad to try these offers out for free merchandise, and don't feel the need to "beat the system". We should be grateful to Gratis and try to at least keep up our end of the deal so that everything keeps running smoothly for them.

lizerauti

08-10-2004 22:45:09

I just used Live Chat to talk to an eBay spokesperson and that person told me it was completely fine to create multiple user accounts, as long as there was not fraudulent bidding/selling.

mapStuart

08-10-2004 22:48:00

That is correct - you are allowed to have multiple accounts. However the gratis referral is supposed to be for NEW accounts - not just new usernames. Ebay doesn't want to be paying out referral bonuses cause people decided to create another account.