Nintendo DS

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1377

That_Kid

08-10-2004 08:31:08

Hey I just found this site on a link on the gearlive site. Its a free Nintendo DS with 3 referrals. It is through a different company called giftfox. The website is not extremely organized but if it does work it'd be nice to get it done this far before the system is launched. If you wanna sign up please pm me for my link. Thanks.

DisastirousMurmur

08-10-2004 09:09:09

i dont like the way DS looks im waiting for PSP

hacktek

08-10-2004 09:15:36

U guys believe everything u see....

DisastirousMurmur

08-10-2004 09:17:29

no, but gratis did register the domain freeDS.com or something like that and freepsps.com

hacktek

08-10-2004 09:37:36

I am aware of that, but the site this dude is talking about is not affiliated to gratis

jasonbisdead

08-10-2004 12:30:55

yes. free psp. i can't fucking WAIT for this one.

i'm gonna be all over that like stink on shit.

miraluka

08-10-2004 13:49:45

I tried it for the heck of it, since it had the e-bay offer, and I gave them my school address instead of home address.

The website is poorly organized, and impossible to find what you want.

Don't even bother signing up. Wait for Gratis' release of freeds.com

Also, I'd prefer to get the DS rather than the PSP. Why?
1) The DS is coming out in November. The PSP release date has been pushed back, to after the holiday season. They were having both hardware issues, and battery life issues.

2) Both have Wireless networking capabilities, but the PSP at this point in its development has a 90minute battery life, because of the choice to go with optical disk media, rather than cartridges. And the DS has a touch screen.

3) The DS is selling for 149.99. The PSP is quoted at $300, I think I read somewhere? not completely sure on that one, but thats a ridiculous price to ask for a handheld system, and if that isn't the real price, its going to be mroe expensive than the DS for sure.

4) The DS is coming out earlier. =P

Hasshaus

08-10-2004 14:50:16

A couple of more things to add... Nintendo will not be making the same mistake they did with GameCube which was targeting their games for little kids. The DS will be aimed for a mature audience older teens and adults.

They made a bold move that hasn't been done before.. Release to the U.S. BEFORE releasing to Japan. Things look good for the DS twisted

keyspacer

08-10-2004 23:45:27

I am going to wait for gratis to launch their site for this.

DScala

09-10-2004 12:37:52

Remember when Nintendo made a bold move and made the second Legend of Zelda game a side-scrolling adventure? How about when Sony was dominating the market with a cd-rom based gaming system and Nintendo released a cartridge based console anyway? That was pretty bold.

Nintendo is still probably doing good business, just not nearly as much as Sony or Microsoft.

Da_KilLa

09-10-2004 23:13:11

Yeah suck it japan. the psp looks so amazing. but the nintendo ds looks like the handhelds they released in the 80's look at the pics its hillarious.

tyketto

10-10-2004 06:25:41

I gave up on Sony. I found their PS2 to be very lackluster with very lackluster titles.
Nintendo has always been innovative. I have a feeling this DS is going to be quite different than everybody is expecting and really change things up.
Sony's handheld seems too expensive - even if it looks cooler. And BTW, retro is so in right now. If Nintendo's unit looks like their Game and Watch units from the 80s, more power to them.