Freeminimac: On Hold for being walked through?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13704

diggity

07-05-2005 00:11:53

This email that I sent to customer service explains the problem

Gratis,

I have been accused of being walked through the sign in/account creation process. I signed up for the first Gratis site in the summer of last year, freeipods.com (user id email==XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com/email). In the process of trying to get the necessary referrals for the ipod, I got email==XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com/email to sign up under me. I received my ipod a couple months ago. email==XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com/email asked if I would sign up under him in his quest for freeminimacs.com. I agreed to sign up under him. He sent me his link via instant messenger. I clicked on the link and completed a referral. At no time after email==XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com/email sent me the link to the Gratis site, did we talk about my membership or did he discuss with me the offer that I should sign up for. I signed in a few days after completing the offer to see that I had completed the offer. email==XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com/email sent me an email= thanking me for being approved under him. That was the extent of our conversation regarding the Gratis site until he emailed me and told me that I had been greyed out from his list of referrals. In good faith, I do not understand how I was walked through the process. I understood the process myself very well because I had completed the freeipods.com site before. email=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com thanking me for being approved under him. That was the extent of our conversation regarding the Gratis site until he emailed me and told me that I had been greyed out from his list of referrals. In good faith, I do not understand how I was walked through the process. I understood the process myself very well because I had completed the freeipods.com site before. email=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com/email did not need to coach me or walk me through the process, therefore it is improbable that I was walked through in violation of the Gratis terms. I request that since I have complied with Gratis' terms and conditions that I be taken off hold and the credit be restored to email==XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com=XX@hotmail.comXX@hotmail.com/email for my completing the offer. Or I request a thorough explanation as to what I did wrong. Sincerely, Diggity

Gratis has responded to my earlier questions with short responses that I was on hold for either being walked through. This is just blatently lame!

Can anyone find a violation of the terms of service here?

Diggity

MicroChris

07-05-2005 05:30:51

[quote98e421e1e8] Or I request a thorough explanation as to what I did wrong[/quote98e421e1e8]

Theyre not obligated to tell you what you did wrong...

Honestly, I have a tough time believing your story, and Im no where close to a Gratis employee.

When people IM for trades, they ask what offers are good.. Theres no way that your friend just completed an offer without asking you if it was good, easy to cancel, etc.

Also, for you to get on hold for "walking through" usually means thats most, if not all, of your referals did the same offer.

Good luck though.

CoMpFrEaK

07-05-2005 07:05:13

1. They are all @hotmails, suspicious

MicroChris

07-05-2005 07:54:07

True dat.

cartrenroy

07-05-2005 07:59:10

One question, so you cannot have a site that shos the people (referrals) how to sign up.

Like if you show them step by step,

diggity

07-05-2005 09:38:45

[quote7d711fd212="MicroChris"][quote7d711fd212] Or I request a thorough explanation as to what I did wrong[/quote7d711fd212]

Theyre not obligated to tell you what you did wrong...

Honestly, I have a tough time believing your story, and Im no where close to a Gratis employee.

When people IM for trades, they ask what offers are good.. Theres no way that your friend just completed an offer without asking you if it was good, easy to cancel, etc.

Also, for you to get on hold for "walking through" usually means thats most, if not all, of your referals did the same offer.

Good luck though.[/quote7d711fd212]

I know they aren't obligated to tell me but I won't get an answer unless I ask... the worst they can say is no.

First of all, the referrer, my good friend long before Gratis came along, was on my IM list unrelated to Gratis. He had already completed the referral process and been approved under me under freeipods.com. He referred me to the second Gratis site, freeminimacs.com. Neither of us needed to be wallked through because we were both experienced at how the site worked. Instant messenger was just how he sent the link in this situation. He didn't tell me which referrals were best, he didn't need to because I already knew which ones were decent. In addition, it doesn't take a brain scientist to figure out that the known companies are going to be more predictable for credits.

Second, I emailed my buddy and he did Blockbuster and I did Efax. We don't have the same offer concern.

Thanks for your response. Anyone else have any ideas besides questioning my integrity? Seriously, I know there are many scammers, but mine is on the up and up. I refuse to try to cheat the system with multiple user accounts or signing up relatives or friends at their house. To me this is a game and cheating ruins the game. (See steroids in baseball)

Diggity

diggity

07-05-2005 09:44:27

[quotea7f47fd019="cartrenroy"]One question, so you cannot have a site that shos the people (referrals) how to sign up.

Like if you show them step by step,[/quotea7f47fd019]

The walking through process that is forbidden by Gratis' terms of services is extremely subjective. They look at a series of "suspicious" activities. I have heard of numerous criteria like similar IP's, MAC addresses, similarity in email addresses, time of completion (ie. if people sign up within minutes of each other), and other random criteria. Generally I believe they catch many of the cheaters with the broad net, but I believe the net might be too big in my case because I don't know what happened in my case.

Diggity

cartrenroy

07-05-2005 09:51:15

[quotecbac606ee8="diggity"][quotecbac606ee8="cartrenroy"]One question, so you cannot have a site that shos the people (referrals) how to sign up.

Like if you show them step by step,[/quotecbac606ee8]

The walking through process that is forbidden by Gratis' terms of services is extremely subjective. They look at a series of "suspicious" activities. I have heard of numerous criteria like similar IP's, MAC addresses, similarity in email addresses, time of completion (ie. if people sign up within minutes of each other), and other random criteria. Generally I believe they catch many of the cheaters with the broad net, but I believe the net might be too big in my case because I don't know what happened in my case.

Diggity[/quotecbac606ee8]

Yeah, but I mean, like - how about if you haeva website with your LINK, and you show them step by step how to sign up, what to enter, etc.

Like if you show pictures and everything,

you don't tell them which offer to do but how to sign up - will that be a problem

diggity

07-05-2005 10:44:56

[quote7e3ec098aa="cartrenroy"][quote7e3ec098aa="diggity"][quote7e3ec098aa="cartrenroy"]One question, so you cannot have a site that shos the people (referrals) how to sign up.

Like if you show them step by step,[/quote7e3ec098aa]

Diggity[/quote7e3ec098aa]

Yeah, but I mean, like - how about if you haeva website with your LINK, and you show them step by step how to sign up, what to enter, etc.

you don't tell them which offer to do but how to sign up - will that be a problem[/quote7e3ec098aa]

Interesting question. I have seen a few of these sites and have wondered the same thing. I think at some point a few of those sites do cross the line. The problem comes with the illustration, the question is at what point does the helpful hints become a walk through? I think many would be helped by knowing the line but Gratis has not specified the line because it seems to pay to be vague. You would think that as long as the site doesn't specify which offer and doesn't instruct on how to cheat or cancel the offers, it could be OK...

Diggity

cartrenroy

07-05-2005 10:47:01

[quote883f8d6fca="diggity"][quote883f8d6fca="cartrenroy"][quote883f8d6fca="diggity"][quote883f8d6fca="cartrenroy"]One question, so you cannot have a site that shos the people (referrals) how to sign up.

Like if you show them step by step,[/quote883f8d6fca]

Diggity[/quote883f8d6fca]

you don't tell them which offer to do but how to sign up - will that be a problem[/quote883f8d6fca]

Interesting question. I have seen a few of these sites and have wondered the same thing. I think at some point a few of those sites do cross the line. The problem comes with the illustration, the question is at what point does the helpful hints become a walk through? I think many would be helped by knowing the line but Gratis has not specified the line because it seems to pay to be vague. You would think that as long as the site doesn't specify which offer and doesn't instruct on how to cheat or cancel the offers, it could be OK...

Diggity[/quote883f8d6fca]

yeah, becasue if you check my site (I show them how to sign up, but I don't tell which offer to do - or when or how to cancel)