Basic QuestioN!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=13617

CDDOG2122

06-05-2005 00:14:21

Hey if i bought all my friends a web certificate and had them all complete offers with them would it work?

MicroChris

06-05-2005 04:58:59

I think Gratis is putting people on hold for completing with WebCerts

keyspacer

06-05-2005 10:44:54

Gratis cannot legally get the information as to how people are paying for their free trial. The companies themselves may start rejecting those referrals. If they all did something different on the web certificate, it will work. Some offers will allow multiple activations from one card. Remember, just because it says free trial does not mean the card is unaffected. The company puts a temporary charge on it. This will stay on the card for about two weeks. Most of the free trials do a charge of 1 dollar. The companies that do the offers are limited to what information they share with outside parties. If these companies were to share sensitive information about referrals, then they would not be a safe site to do business with.

This, of course, is all technically cheating and is not endorsed by this site or me.

mr0x

06-05-2005 11:18:04

[quote2a311463c1="keyspacer"]Gratis cannot legally get the information as to how people are paying for their free trial. The companies themselves may start rejecting those referrals. If they all did something different on the web certificate, it will work. Some offers will allow multiple activations from one card. Remember, just because it says free trial does not mean the card is unaffected. The company puts a temporary charge on it. This will stay on the card for about two weeks. Most of the free trials do a charge of 1 dollar. The companies that do the offers are limited to what information they share with outside parties. If these companies were to share sensitive information about referrals, then they would not be a safe site to do business with.

This, of course, is all technically cheating and is not endorsed by this site or me.[/quote2a311463c1]

The first 4 digits of the card gives the bank number and hence tells if it's a web cert or not.

I haven't heard of people getting put on hold for using Webcerts. But, using webcerts on clickbooth was getting some of the free trials to pass through but no confirmation back to get the credit.

That mostly applied to the free trial stuff.