Credit Taken Away WTF?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1310

Rainman

07-10-2004 07:43:04

I had like 5 people signed up yesterday with completed offers and now I go on to check and 3 of them have been taken away and are now yellow. WTF is gratis screwing me over?

JGrayland

07-10-2004 07:45:24

maybe

CollidgeGraduit

07-10-2004 07:47:14

Maybe some of your referrals cancelled their trials right away. Gratis gets negative feedback from their advertisers, and then they get their credit taken away for trying to cheat Gratis.

Ray_Haque

07-10-2004 08:09:30

I got my fifth referral last evening and was approved in less than 12 hours.

I didn't cheat. And as far as I know, all of my referrals followed the rules. If you sign up and cancel an offer immediately (or your referrals did) you have broken the rules! Read the FAQ, it's in there.

-Ray

AltReality

07-10-2004 08:55:29

Which rule are you specifically referring to? I see nothing in the TOS stating that you can't cancel immediately. While doing so is relatively dishonest, it's not against TOS. If they want to run a site where you have to sign up for a subscription service for an extended period of time, then they shouldn't call it FREEIPODS.

The idea is that they want you to sign up for the free trial to see if you like the product they are offering, not rope you in to it for the rest of yore life. For example Infone...I was actually interested and was going to sign up for it originally, but it wasn't available to me when I signed up.

My point is this, if it is against TOS to cancel the free trial, then the whole "Free Ipod" thing is a lie. It's not, because hundreds of people have received their ipods.

--Jeremy

CollidgeGraduit

07-10-2004 08:58:48

Jeremy Common sense.

If you cancel your trial right away, the advertiser gets pissed at Gratis. They don't pay Gratis for that referral. Therefore you didn't complete the requirement, and you don't get credit for it. If your friends are stupid enough to cancel right away, then they probably couldn't figure out how to use an iPod anyway.

AltReality

07-10-2004 09:33:53

Common Sense isn't in the TOS.
I don't believe Gratis gets paid on a per-referral basis. The requirement is that you sign up for the free trial. Once that's done, if you cancel, that's on the advertiser, not Gratis. Gratis will get paid for the referral.

--Jeremy

Ray_Haque

07-10-2004 12:01:22

You have to COMPLETE the trial offer period.

If your buddies signed up, just to cancel their service with one of the advertisers than they did liNOTli fulfill the requirements.

Some of the offers give you an instant credit. But Gratis reserves the right to take away referrals for any reason, no questions asked. I would say if three of your referrals ran out and opened/cancelled several offers, your account is being watched.

Refer some honest people. -)

Also, here is an interesting tidbit if you didn't read the TOS (reasons to Hold an account)

[quotec48209a779](e) Posting information on a website, forum, or auction that has to do with "canceling the offers" included, but not limited to, cancellation phone numbers, cancellation time frames, and any encouragement or direction to cancel the offers after signing up with them.[/quotec48209a779]

-Ray

Creatif Xpresshun

07-10-2004 14:28:41

Heh, this didn't happen with me...I believe all my referrals used the Video Professor offer and I know for a fact they all cancelled right after they got credit...and I was approved this morning and I am processing now...so it could be another reason why he lost his credits for his referrals

Ray_Haque

07-10-2004 14:32:52

[quoteeb90a23dd5="Creatif Xpresshun"]Heh, this didn't happen with me...I believe all my referrals used the Video Professor offer and I know for a fact they all cancelled right after they got credit...and I was approved this morning and I am processing now...so it could be another reason why he lost his credits for his referrals[/quoteeb90a23dd5]

Congratulations for cheating the system.

I hope your iPod gets lost in shipment. -)

-Ray

Creatif Xpresshun

07-10-2004 14:39:36

Thats pretty harsh of u....why wish that on someone...I hope everyone here gets an Ipod -/...