Do I Have a Chance? or be put on hold?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1296

zemaj

06-10-2004 23:05:44

Hi All,

I've read the numerous posts about being put on hold so I decided to check on freeipods to see if I happened to sign up previously. I entered my email in the "forgot password" box and sure enough it said my password was on the way (never received it by the way because of hotmail i guess).

So I don't even know when I created that account, what address I used (I've moved within the past couple months), and don't think anyone has ever even seen my referral link for that account. I know, probably the same excuse as everyone else. So anyway I haven't even logged on to that account since I created it.

I can only assume that now I'll be put on hold (worst case scenario). Do you think I even have a remote chance of being taken off hold (if put on hold) if I explain? Hahaha I know it's hypothetical. Note, I haven't signed on with that account in a long time. Nobody else at that address will sign up, will not use same credit card, etc. But with my good account I've had a couple people sign up but not completed referrals.

Anyway, just wanted to see if it's a lost cause or if there's a chance I can still get a free iPod. IF those two accounts are related to the same address then I realize that's a violation of the T&Cs but are there ANY exceptions at all or is this a lost cause?

Thanks for reading, if you made it this far. I got all excited about this and then realized I may have screwed myself.

-james

DScala

06-10-2004 23:15:10

If you never completed any offers with the other name or never even verified it, you shouldn't be. If you are, you can e-mail Gratis explaining the situation, they DO actually get to reading the e-mails sooner or later, and I believe they get a lot of cases like yours.

zemaj

06-10-2004 23:19:23

I may have verified but then never logged in after that. After I started asking people if they wanted to sign up under me I realized someone asked me before and I guess I signed up but thought it was one of those "too good to be true" things. Hahaha, they showed me I guess. I would've had an iPod by now!

-james

zemaj

07-10-2004 15:41:36

Update

Customer service responded and placed my old account on hold. And reminded me that my referrals all need to be unique and everything will be fine. Woohoo!

So the last thing to do is to just get my stinkin referrals.

I'm glad Gratis actually looks at these are realizes that not everyone is out there to take advantage of the system. Thanks Gratis!

-james

cgraham

07-10-2004 16:50:21

James, hi - thanks for your reply to my remarkably similar post. Wish I'd seen yours first!

Good news about your account. I'd like to email Gratis as well, but can't find their contact info on my freeipods homepage - plus i wasn't sure we were allowed to contact them BEFORE we were put on hold. Good to hear we can.

Can you tell me how you contacted them (email address)?

Thanks!

zemaj

07-10-2004 19:49:03

Yeah I hadn't heard about the whole not contacting them before being placed on hold so I just submitted the request. You should be able to get to it from this link http//www.freeipods.com/Faqs.aspx?FAQID=1375[]http//www.freeipods.com/Faqs.aspx?FAQID=1375.

Then you just check your "My Account" section and they'll reply there. I think it took them about 2-3 days to respond.

Also, I made it very clear that I hadn't logged in with my other account in months and hadn't completed any offers with that account. They're fair as long as you're not trying to cheat the system.

-James