Will they engrave the HPs?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1282

lizerauti

06-10-2004 20:33:57

If they aren't then I'm gonna switch right away. I dont want any poo on my shiny ipod.

Hasshaus

06-10-2004 20:43:15

I don't think they will be engraved but then again I don't know...

Heres why I don't think they will be...

1. Only Apple does engraving service, HP does not

2. Even if they wanted to have it engraved, they would have to pay Apple $18 + shipping from HP to Apple to Your House per iPod (unless they have it engraved by someone else)

3. The shipping times would be delayed drastically as a result of shipping it from Point A to Point B to Point C

4. They would have to open the goods to engrave it. Theres only 3 types of iPods [based on serial number] Engraved Apple, Apple, HP (there is no Engraved HP)

lizerauti

06-10-2004 20:47:34

Well if that is the case then I would definitely switch, but there are a few things that I'm not too sure about.

1. I am STV 9/15, so there might be a chance that when they ship that batch out, it won't come from Shanghai, therefore no free engraving? So I might get a clean Apple Ipod.

2. If i switch now, wouldn't I be placed at the end of a very long line and have to go through processing again?

3. HPs are starting to run out anyway, so Apples might start to ship out quicker.

Yeah, I'm nitpicky like that, I decided to stay with the Apple in the beginning because I didn't want HP on the back. But I would rather have that than freeiPods.com so...... (I'm sure there are others like me ? )

I'm not sure what to do. AHH!

Thanks.

Hasshaus

06-10-2004 20:52:58

I switched immediately 9/15 STV and Switched.

Fuck the HP logo, its no big deal and for those that are very picky.. No problem, all you need to do is exchange the HP iPod unopened and get your Apple iPod instead and as a bonus, in case it fucks up, you can take it to the store with a reciept twisted

I'm hoping I get an HP iPod and that Gratis doesn't end up engraving those too, but I don't see how they would be able to without their wallets taking a blow. I don't think it would be worth doing on their part.

lizerauti

06-10-2004 22:18:57

Do you know if it is too late to switch now? Been STV since 9/15, don't wanna switch if I end up having to go through processing again.

If the next shipment is going out to the 9/15 and they are all Apples, they will still send it to you even if you clicked HP if available right?

JettaGuy10984

07-10-2004 11:15:07

[quote9058ea3093="lizerauti"]Do you know if it is too late to switch now? Been STV since 9/15, don't wanna switch if I end up having to go through processing again.

If the next shipment is going out to the 9/15 and they are all Apples, they will still send it to you even if you clicked HP if available right?[/quote9058ea3093]

Well, realistically, you aren't in the next batch to be shipped, so it wouldn't hurt anything to switch. And yes, your last statement about getting an Apple if you are at the beginning of the Apple list, even though you opted for HP, is correct.

When I switched, I never had to go through "processing" a second time.