QUESTIONS/WORRIED about being putting on HOLD.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12227

jaysexxin

20-04-2005 18:03:32

when you say billing address. is that for the credit card, or is that the address you put when freeipod first asks you where to ship the ipod?

hyperboarder

20-04-2005 18:41:17

Credit card, assuming you're talking about the billing address when completing the offer. From what I can tell, the original address you give to freeipods is worthless, you give it again later.

superconsumer

21-04-2005 12:04:56

[quoteac54331bed="hyperboarder"]Credit card, assuming you're talking about the billing address when completing the offer. From what I can tell, the original address you give to freeipods is worthless, you give it again later.[/quoteac54331bed]
I'm not so sure that it is worthless. I was put on hold yesterday thinking that is was because my brother was one of my referrals. (same last name but completed everything legit) Customer service responded to my ticket this morning saying they needed my name and address because I didn't provide it when I signed up. I signed up a few months ago and don't really remember what happened but I'm guessing somehow I left out my shipping address. I do remember that I didn't verify my account right away because the freeipods e-mail was either blocked completely or went into the spam folder of my yahoo account. Anyway, if that does indeed help me get off the hook then I would say the address is important.

hecriedlove

21-04-2005 22:08:30

In order to be completely legit, no address should match, in order to completely avoid any problems, including shipping/billing address. Technically, im not sure, but I am sure that if everything is unique, you shouldnt have any problem.

Because, say, if you sign up your (aunt) for example. Different last name than yourself, unique credit card number, but you set the billing address/shipping address to the same address you provided when you filled out your personal information to ship your ipod, Gratis will see that there are refferals linked to you in some way, therefore then putting you on hold. Hope that helps ? Good Luck! D