No tracking numbers or status changes through the site?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1218

CollidgeGraduit

06-10-2004 05:18:05

So it seems like the general consensus is that people are still getting their iPods without getting a status change or tracking number through the website. Since it seems that Gratis is going with a first come first serve basis on these Apples, how about when you either receive your Shanghai iPod, or confirm that its coming to your address, post here with your IP3/STV date. It'll help give us an idea of exactly how well things are moving. I'd even be willing to compile the data into some sort of chart, showing dates, and how many have shipped from each date.

Mods, feel free to make this a sticky..

CollidgeGraduit

06-10-2004 12:06:53

Here are a couple of things I found out from Gratis, via e-mail.

Apple orders from China are indeed going by IP3 date.. not switch date or anything wacky like that.

My IP3 date was 9/15, and I ordered an HP. Gratis said that my order is in the Apple bunch, so that leads me to believe that this is going to be a huge, huge shipment.

tyketto

06-10-2004 12:32:00

Now this post - if Gratis is being on the level - is a good one!
Thanks for the infor rhernals.

CollidgeGraduit

06-10-2004 12:33:38

I think they are... I have found a good method to getting decent info from them. Suck up like crazy, and stress that you aren't impatient -- you're excited to get your product so you can refer all your skeptical friends )

Phbs83

06-10-2004 12:36:03

Thanks for the info rhernals. I still wonder why if you chose the hPod, they're going to send you the iPod though. Just curious. But still, being IP3 same as you, that leaves some hope for me) They didn`t tell you by any chance when they are shipping it, did they?

eglchick

06-10-2004 12:38:16

[quotec3a9e5aa5d]My IP3 date was 9/15, and I ordered an HP. Gratis said that my order is in the Apple bunch, so that leads me to believe that this is going to be a huge, huge shipment.[/quotec3a9e5aa5d]

explain? you ordered an HP but will be getting an apple?

also, you say your IP3 date is 9/15, and gratis is telling you you're being shipped in this bunch? or they just found your order in the queue and gave you info about the future shipping?

CollidgeGraduit

06-10-2004 12:45:58

The deal with the HPs, as it says on the website (and has been mentioned on the forums countless times), is that when you order the HP, you will get it if its available. If not, you get the Apple.

They know my order is in the huge bunch of orders given to Apple.

Phbs83

06-10-2004 12:50:22

Got it now. I wonder when this huge order will be completed though) I hope it`s soon) Maybe the guy, that told that his ipod was supposed to be sent on the 20th was right.

eglchick

06-10-2004 12:51:11

i realize it says this in the rules (and sorry i haven't read every thread carefully, i apologize) but didn't realize it was actually happening. i had not heard of someone who ordered the hp and never chose the apple actually getting the apple, despite what the tos says. that's why i was asking.

so if gratis is telling you your order is in a batch already sent to apple, does that mean 9/15 ip3s can expect shipments soon? or is the "sent to apple" thing meaningless and you'll still be sitting in neutral for 4 weeks?

CollidgeGraduit

06-10-2004 12:51:43

The email also said that we should notice a huge turnaround in shipping times in the next week, so.. I dunno what that means in terms of concrete numbers, but its good news.

eglchick

06-10-2004 12:52:58

excellent. thanks for the info (and for sucking up!).

CollidgeGraduit

06-10-2004 12:54:51

No prob! That seems to be the key when dealing with Gratis. That, and making it clear that you aren't impatient.