Non-Canned, Personalized response from Gratis!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=12175

willietanner

20-04-2005 10:36:25

I emphasized in my CS ticket that I was part of an online forum community who had not received an update lately, and I received this reassuring response. There's still some confusion, I don't really know how you tell if you're in the 'pre ordered' bunch or what that even means, but here is the response I got

FROM GRATIS

First off, I would like to apologize for the delays with the PSPs and the frustration that these delays undeniably caused. I understand that there is a lot of confusion regarding what is happening with our PSP shipments however, I have come as the bearer of better news than there was a week ago. We have begun to receive PSPs and we are shipping out our first set of orders this week or next. The non-pre-ordered shipments of PSPs have finally begun to hit American shores and we are seeing them trickle in. I am not sure if your order is in that first batch, however since there are actually PSPs going out, you are that much closer to actually receiving yours. Please reassure the users of your online community that the process has finally begun rolling and that they should be seeing some progress in their cases in the very near future. I would also like to reassure you that your account has been approved and that your free item will be arriving at your door as soon as we get it through ours. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions. Also, if you could send us the name of your community and the URL, perhaps we could help contribute to it as well. We thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

jhennson

20-04-2005 10:38:48

wow.....that seemed ok to me )

PodTopia

20-04-2005 10:41:15

WOW!! That could be the most enthusiastic response I've heard in months, and I'm glad! Thanks WillieTanner, and now I'll go to FGS and ask them politely about my XBox!

jhennson

20-04-2005 10:52:08

are you already on the processing stage WillieTanner? Im 3 weeks now and still not approved ( but with that message atleast i know that gratis is doing everything they can to ship them PSPs.

oddyrock

20-04-2005 11:03:40

I notice that they approved you on the spot...

Whatever you wrote to them worked...so why not share what you wrote? I'd like to get approved like that too...

willietanner

20-04-2005 11:05:20

I've been processing since 3/7, and am still processing. I didn't inquire as to why there were delays with approval. That would probably require a separate request.

PodTopia

20-04-2005 11:07:26

I'm pretty sure he was already approved.

jhennson

20-04-2005 11:12:54

Hopefully people like me that requested for approval gets approved soooon!

ENGRDawg

20-04-2005 11:23:54

That is fantastic news. I should be among the first to go out (hopefully - knock on wood).

chewy

20-04-2005 11:59:01

i got a similar response today too

I am sorry if it is taking a bit longer than you would expect to get approved. We are only beginning shipping PSPs to some customers right now and we are trying to find a balance between the number of account approvals and the amount of shipments that we send out. The PSP orders have finally begun to reach us, so the approval process should begin to accelerate soon, however I cannot give you an exact time frame as to when you can expect approval. I understand your patience may be being tested with all of this, however rest assured, we are working on getting you the free item that you have earned as quickly as we possibly can. We thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

at least its something

ougijoe

20-04-2005 12:00:56

I'm absolutely speechless.

Thanks, Willie.

PodTopia

20-04-2005 12:02:29

[quote2853a281c1]We are only beginning shipping PSPs to some customers right now and we are trying to find a balance between the number of account approvals and the amount of shipments that we send out.[/quote2853a281c1]
I hope that means my batch (3/12 processing) will ship out soon!

Also
[quote2853a281c1]we are working on getting you the free item that you have earned as quickly as we possibly can. [/quote2853a281c1]. They don't even know that you're fine yet, so you may not even get your item! Silly Gratis.

Doh004

20-04-2005 12:06:43

I'm same with your Willie 3/7

DCJoeDog

20-04-2005 12:45:58

Waiting on STV since 2/23/05 here so I think mine may reach me soon )

GSXR 600

20-04-2005 12:58:12

I feel much better.

Blink182=Gone

20-04-2005 13:10:55

so I assume you gave them the FIP Guide url...correct? that would be great if they could answer some questions!

Lunarpancake

20-04-2005 14:04:45

im in the 4/19 processing group......i hope iget mine soon!!!!

such a long wait so far <

(yes...i am joking)

PodTopia

20-04-2005 14:30:30

<--Seriously doubts Gratis'll read these boards.

Fuddus99

20-04-2005 14:40:23

I've been processing since 3/25, I wonder if I managed to make in onboard with the shipments. shock

This is the only big forum I know of that even focuses on these sites.

flashbackz

20-04-2005 14:52:26

sweet, thanks for the update... however you might want to not tell them your from here..... i don't know what kind of activity you do on these boards... however if i remember correctly trading/selling referrals is against their terms of service(or was a long time ago)... so if they tracked it back to you then eh... might be bad.... anyways thanks again! hopefully they ship out soon... got my 5th green today )

Lunarpancake

20-04-2005 15:13:47

selling/trading reffs isnot illegal.......although it IS illegal to signup for an offer without legitamately wanting to try the offer.

JOSHBOX

20-04-2005 15:38:03

https//www.sharemation.com/clanlh/uncanned.JPG[" alt=""/img]

Got this today, a "personalized" licoughlicannedlicoughli response, at least it sounds true.

licrosses fingersli I hope im in that first batch!

willietanner

20-04-2005 16:07:17

[quotebeae02c501="flashbackz"]sweet, thanks for the update... however you might want to not tell them your from here..... i don't know what kind of activity you do on these boards... however if i remember correctly trading/selling referrals is against their terms of service(or was a long time ago)... so if they tracked it back to you then eh... might be bad.... anyways thanks again! hopefully they ship out soon... got my 5th green today )[/quotebeae02c501]

i dont' know who the fuck you think you are or what you're implying.

ipodguy89

20-04-2005 17:51:49

[quote3d3d13f367="willietanner"][quote3d3d13f367="flashbackz"]sweet, thanks for the update... however you might want to not tell them your from here..... i don't know what kind of activity you do on these boards... however if i remember correctly trading/selling referrals is against their terms of service(or was a long time ago)... so if they tracked it back to you then eh... might be bad.... anyways thanks again! hopefully they ship out soon... got my 5th green today )[/quote3d3d13f367]

i dont' know who the fuck you think you are or what you're implying.[/quote3d3d13f367]

Hes implying that they might not like it that members here trade, and the trades may not have full interest in the offers ( im guessing? )

Also, trading is what puts out the sites. People sign up, completing an offer, not referring others, and they loose money on them for signing up under the person who got credit. I mean, if I was gratis, I wouldnt like that happening.

Dont take it so deap willie, plus he said thanks like 2 times. Mabey thats why you have -26 karma ... you take everything to seriously.

Just my input for today.

mistwolf

20-04-2005 18:16:34

Well, somewhat. I am sure part of Gratis' business model does rely on the fact that only a certain percentage of people will actually complete enough to qualify for the free gift. They make a profit on every referal, so someone who goes green for someone, then never logs in again, isn't a big deal, and people who get to 4/5 and give up are their best customers ever.

JOSHBOX

20-04-2005 18:16:34

[quote3634c2f198="ipodguy89"][quote3634c2f198="willietanner"][quote3634c2f198="flashbackz"]sweet, thanks for the update... however you might want to not tell them your from here..... i don't know what kind of activity you do on these boards... however if i remember correctly trading/selling referrals is against their terms of service(or was a long time ago)... so if they tracked it back to you then eh... might be bad.... anyways thanks again! hopefully they ship out soon... got my 5th green today )[/quote3634c2f198]

i dont' know who the fuck you think you are or what you're implying.[/quote3634c2f198]

Hes implying that they might not like it that members here trade, and the trades may not have full interest in the offers ( im guessing? )

Also, trading is what puts out the sites. People sign up, completing an offer, not referring others, and they loose money on them for signing up under the person who got credit. I mean, if I was gratis, I wouldnt like that happening.

Dont take it so deap willie, plus he said thanks like 2 times. Mabey thats why you have -26 karma ... you take everything to seriously.

Just my input for today.[/quote3634c2f198]

/signed

Doh004

20-04-2005 19:00:01

Actually no. Trading most likely helps them. THe whole basis for Gratis is that most people WILL NOT finish their accounts. By getting a free referral and an offer done, they make an easy amount of money.

However it could also lead to not as many people signing up, but I think the first idea makes more sense.

kutibah

20-04-2005 22:46:16

[quote1aa4355279="mistwolf"]Well, somewhat. I am sure part of Gratis' business model does rely on the fact that only a certain percentage of people will actually complete enough to qualify for the free gift. They make a profit on every referal, so someone who goes green for someone, then never logs in again, isn't a big deal, and people who get to 4/5 and give up are their best customers ever.[/quote1aa4355279]

Actually, they're not making money off of people that go green if they don't login again. The Green is counting FOR SOMEONE which they lose from. Now, if it was a member that signed up without a referrer and went green, they'd make money off of him ;).

kutibah

24-04-2005 17:06:23

According to Gratis, first shipment should be out by the end of THIS week. Does anyone think they will stick to that?

I have been processing since 3/1. Do you guys think I will be in the first shipment?