U Cant pick up your FedEx pckg. at Fedex!!! (long/worthread)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1208

cow_phunk

05-10-2004 20:31:28

just an fyi. apple has an agreement with their shipping vendors that the package has to be delivered and signed for at the shipping location.

ok, now the story. i ordered my mini 7/27, ip3 8/13. figured the 7/27 order should give me enoujgh time before i move 10/1. wrong. sinally shipped 9/27 and got in town today. i Had emailed gratis several times to try and change the addy, but to no avail. so i figured, let them try and deliver it, i'll make sure to track it and pick it up when he brings it back tonight. so i call fedex to make sure they hold the package and i can pick it up. no problem, just head out there after 4. so i go out there after work at 5 and they say the guy's still out. so i wander around some shit neighborhood w/ my dog who i took with for the ride and came back. i talk to another woman who looks up the trackin number and proceeds to tell me that apple states they have to make the delivery at the location. mind you my ipod is 20 ft. behind her, she showed me. so she gave me the apple # and told me to call them and change the shipping addy. she said she'd give me a few extra days. i called apple and first of all the guy could only search by your telephone number or order number. tracking number does nothing and name and telephone do nothing. i finally tell him its for gratis, and really he doesn't really know what they're about. he's like, oh, yeah, i don't know how you can get that done. officially, gratis takes possession of the ipod in between apple and me even though they never get the shipment. so gratis is the only way to get it. so i get off the phone with this person and hed back into fedex. i convince her that i do still live at the old addy, even though it says person moved on the tracking site, just because i pleaded so much and she knew it was me. she then pulls me in and says, i can switch it b ack so it says you just weren't home, just be there tomorrow from 11-2. otherwise this thing was going back to apple and i'm sure i'd never get it. so tomorrow i stake out my old apt, put my name back on the door, and sit outside. i'm gonna act like i'm cleaning the windows when i see a fedex man come down the street. i'll be damned if this things going back, even if i've gotta take a half day from work.

cow_phunk

05-10-2004 20:33:41

so, 4 hours down the drain and no ipod(

EpidemiK

05-10-2004 20:33:55

wow that really sucks. good luck on your stake out tomorrow

cow_phunk

05-10-2004 20:36:23

yeah, the apple guy said that they don't want people w/ fake id's coming and taking apple stuff from fedex. i tried to explain how ridiculous the statemnt he just said was and he wouldn't listen. also tried sweet-talking the counter lady at fedex, who almost budged. i think i would have got it iif i went later in the night when the place was empty.

skyxliner

05-10-2004 20:45:15

dang you got really unlucky, i went to pick up my ipod after the first delivery to my house at 10 when i was at school.

TaterSalad

05-10-2004 20:53:15

wow. I hope your successful tomorrow

mremis

05-10-2004 20:59:05

good luck

report back i gotta hear the end of this story

yiluncn

05-10-2004 21:05:08

man, good luck!

Cedge

05-10-2004 21:05:40

hmm...on a vaguely related note, I hope it's not a problem that my package is addressed to an alias of mine...

cow_phunk

05-10-2004 21:06:54

there's no way i'm not going home with the ipod tomorrow. gonna sit on the old side porch w/ my dog, then when i hear a truck coming look and check. if its fedex i'm gonna act like i'm washing the windows and moving out. then i sign for it and i'm off. if this doesn't work it goes to a domestic apple location and i suppe they contact gratis. i'm sure b4 this would happen i would have already contacted gratis a few times and tried to get anything done. if this doesn't work i bet i've got at least another month and a half before i see this thing, if ever.

Cedge

05-10-2004 21:08:33

So...you have to sign for it? And can I sign with a different name then is on the package?

mushybubbler

05-10-2004 21:13:46

Yeah, usually anyone can sign for it. If he doesnt give it to you for some reason, grab it out of his hands and run

Da_KilLa

05-10-2004 21:22:57

Ya just wait at your old house. If your siting outside on property or in house they wont even check your id. such great security.

I3roknI3ottle

05-10-2004 21:43:55

I dont like fedex or UPS...I like how ups leaves your packages at your house but they could make an effort to hide it and maybe leave ya a message, i e Answering machine or something. I mean when u put a 200+ dollar package, thats the size of a 27" tv on someones doorstep and leave thats just askin to gank the package...UPS also doesnt really update there package delivery info very good. FeDEX doesnt care who signs for the package as long as its off the truck...

cow_phunk

06-10-2004 07:27:01

it seems as though apple would be better suited making sure someone comes in w/ an id to get it at their location than just having anyone sign for it. i really wonder about the whole conspiracy theory of coming in w/ fake ids just for apple packages.

sweetworld731

06-10-2004 08:05:01

haven't read all of the posts (in class) but...

I PICKED MINE UP LAST NIGHT FROM FEDEX! I left a note on my door (tried to call Sunday at 830 but IPD closed at 8) and then went after 5 to fedex and picked my ipod up.

-Jeff

cow_phunk

06-10-2004 09:07:39

i imagine fedex can get in trouble for that. this is what the fedex ladyt and the dude on the phone at apple said. i'm staking it out now trying to get some work done on the laptop.

cow_phunk

06-10-2004 11:14:38

fedex man showed up at 1230, no problems. just sitting on my old apt front porch on my comp. i think they need to worry about other people signing for packages more so than people trying to use fake id's to sign for packages at the warehouse.

Guardian

06-10-2004 11:44:23

wow

thats quite a story! lol

it sucks

pookie

06-10-2004 18:03:44

What the hell? I just went to fedex and tried to pick it up too, but she said the same thing ( Have to beg my mom to wait for it in the morning tomorrow.

yiluncn

06-10-2004 19:29:03

have you get your ipod yet?

Da_KilLa

06-10-2004 21:52:28

so did they check your id. they may have because it was an apartment. ie multiple ppl live there

Creatif Xpresshun

06-10-2004 23:36:54

Man I was just thinkin...like I live in my own apartment and I be in class alot, like most of the day...What if the FedEx people deliver my Ipod and I am not there...what will they do with it??

pookie

07-10-2004 06:30:08

They make 2 more attempts to deliver it in the next 2 days, or you can call and request a saturday delivery.

cow_phunk

07-10-2004 08:16:28

no checking of the id. i couldn't even get into the apt, just sat on the front porch. guy didn't ask for my name or anything. if i were apple i'd much rather someone take the time to come in and get it. for the dude who's gonna be in calss all day, i believe you can sign the thing they leave at the door and they'll leave it the next time they deliver. risky, but otherwise after three attempts its sent to an apple location in Cali i believe. the problem after that is you can't call them to get it shipped again. you've gotta get ahold of gratis and hope they'll call apple, cause you don't have an apple order number. i imagine you'd have another month if you don't find a way to get that thing in the next few days.

Creatif Xpresshun

07-10-2004 09:41:44

Thats retarded...like if I am in class when they deliver it...wouldn't it be better for them to leave like a note sayin they came and for me to just come pick it up at FedEx...or just tell me another day they will come so I can just cut class that day and hang around the apartment and wait...

cow_phunk

07-10-2004 09:49:39

[quotea1cf842810="Creatif Xpresshun"]Thats retarded...like if I am in class when they deliver it...wouldn't it be better for them to leave like a note sayin they came and for me to just come pick it up at FedEx...or just tell me another day they will come so I can just cut class that day and hang around the apartment and wait...[/quotea1cf842810]

they should be back the next day. it'll say on the little note they leave.