Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1175

Santa

05-10-2004 13:03:48

wah wah wah

I love Gratis!

wah wah wah

da

05-10-2004 13:05:14

I agree, satan, but this probably could have been said in the other thread.

caveman

05-10-2004 13:05:16

[quote9a27a97e82="Santa"]Can you guys please stop saying it was for free? It is not for free dammit, the company is making a lot of money by us just doing this. I don't care if you cancel and you don't get charged. The company is making a lot of money from us, so please stop telling people "jeez stop complaining it was for free". Nothing is for free. It is not easy for people to get their referrers and crap (not for me but just saying in general). Please stop telling people "oh shut up, quit whining it was for free. Thanks )[/quote9a27a97e82]

okay, then i'm gonna whine because my ipod which didnt cost me $300 may have freeipods.com engraved on it roll

Ace

05-10-2004 13:06:01

instead of getting referrals, you could be working and making money, so techincally its not free (

alexvega

05-10-2004 13:06:46

but it is free....

CollidgeGraduit

05-10-2004 13:07:40

Actually I was working and made money WHILE I got referrals.. lol

Santa

05-10-2004 13:08:00

Yes caveman go ahead, btw this wasn't told in their term of service p may be a law suit? p But yeah I am mostly pissed about them engarving it. Really though what can I do? Nothing. Don't say it was for free. They are making money from you. We are risking all this info and yes I even know some of my friends who got spammed in the phone not email because they signed up for some offers that were up. Anyway... It wasn't for free...

alexvega

05-10-2004 13:08:51

Santa,

Then you shouldnt have participated in the offer. You knew what you were getting yourself into. You have a brain, you should have thought, hey... can they really give me a free ipod? If you look at the math, they can. If you really thought it was lilifreelili then you're a fool.

You COULD goto the store and pay 300 dollars for it.

How much money out of pocket did it cost you?

CollidgeGraduit

05-10-2004 13:09:39

You're right. Their Terms and Conditions say that they legally don't have to give us ANYTHING if they don't want to. Quit your bitching.

TaterSalad

05-10-2004 13:10:50

[quoteb0d0ef3954="da"]I agree, satan, but this probably could have been said in the other thread.[/quoteb0d0ef3954]

Ha. He called you Satan

Santa

05-10-2004 13:13:35

[quoteb1fed7b0a3="reals"]You're right. Their Terms and Conditions say that they legally don't have to give us ANYTHING if they don't want to. Quit your bitching.[/quoteb1fed7b0a3]

How old are you? 3 years old? Learn how to read, I wasn't bitching what I was mad at was people who keep saying it is for free, it is not for free. We all spent time to get them those referrers and offer completion which for them counts just like money because they are getting paid that way. In other words to make it clean the low dopamined people here, it is not for free...

CollidgeGraduit

05-10-2004 13:14:45

It's free for me. I got all my referrals at work... so using your logic, I actually made money on this whole thing )

crow216

05-10-2004 13:23:33

[quote003ec68de8="Santa"][quote003ec68de8="reals"]You're right. Their Terms and Conditions say that they legally don't have to give us ANYTHING if they don't want to. Quit your bitching.[/quote003ec68de8]

How old are you? 3 years old? Learn how to read, I wasn't bitching what I was mad at was people who keep saying it is for free, it is not for free. We all spent time to get them those referrers and offer completion which for them counts just like money because they are getting paid that way. In other words to make it clean the low dopamined people here, it is not for free...[/quote003ec68de8]

Man your not too intelligent. Let me ask you a question, if you go to a pizza shop and they say you can have a free slice of pizza.......just because the owner paid for that pizza, it doesn't mean its free to you? Stop being so analytical if it bothers you that people complain THEN STOP F'N COMPLAINING.........nobody really cares because yes this is actually free whether gratis pays or not......grow up.

Santa

05-10-2004 13:39:07

Your actually stupid... Read what I wrote. The pizza thing doesn't make sense but it is interesting how you brought food as your example (explains something about who you are, but anyway). It is like this, since you love food... I will put it in that example, You go to a pizza shop, the owner says "Hey listen, I will give you this slice of pizza only if you go and bring me 5 people who will go and buy from the store beside me, and you buy something from there too" Lets say you can refund the item you buy from the store. It isn't free, you are actually doing something for him in trade of the slice. So basically you need to use your head more and thing. Moral of the story, Gratis is getting the price of the iPod which makes it NOT free and they are getting the price and over that what they made because we signed up and followed the instructions. So people please stop worshipping Gratis or something, there is nothing free in this world. Again, although you didn't pay anything, you paid Gratis back and more with something they wanted to do which is just like currency to them.

gchild320

05-10-2004 13:40:22

It is free enough.

doylnea

05-10-2004 13:46:14

[quotebe85a3149d="crow216"][quotebe85a3149d="Santa"][quotebe85a3149d="reals"]You're right. Their Terms and Conditions say that they legally don't have to give us ANYTHING if they don't want to. Quit your bitching.[/quotebe85a3149d]

How old are you? 3 years old? Learn how to read, I wasn't bitching what I was mad at was people who keep saying it is for free, it is not for free. We all spent time to get them those referrers and offer completion which for them counts just like money because they are getting paid that way. In other words to make it clean the low dopamined people here, it is not for free...[/quotebe85a3149d]

Man your not too intelligent. Let me ask you a question, if you go to a pizza shop and they say you can have a free slice of pizza.......just because the owner paid for that pizza, it doesn't mean its free to you? Stop being so analytical if it bothers you that people complain THEN STOP F'N COMPLAINING.........nobody really cares because yes this is actually free whether gratis pays or not......grow up.[/quotebe85a3149d]

wow. I think you[bbe85a3149d]'[/bbe85a3149d]r[bbe85a3149d]e[/bbe85a3149d] the unintelligent one. The apostrophe and proper contractions are your friend.

crow216

05-10-2004 14:10:33

[quotec1e03d9dd7="Santa"]Your actually stupid... Read what I wrote. The pizza thing doesn't make sense but it is interesting how you brought food as your example (explains something about who you are, but anyway). It is like this, since you love food... I will put it in that example, You go to a pizza shop, the owner says "Hey listen, I will give you this slice of pizza only if you go and bring me 5 people who will go and buy from the store beside me, and you buy something from there too" Lets say you can refund the item you buy from the store. It isn't free, you are actually doing something for him in trade of the slice. So basically you need to use your head more and thing. Moral of the story, Gratis is getting the price of the iPod which makes it NOT free and they are getting the price and over that what they made because we signed up and followed the instructions. So people please stop worshipping Gratis or something, there is nothing free in this world. Again, although you didn't pay anything, you paid Gratis back and more with something they wanted to do which is just like currency to them.[/quotec1e03d9dd7]

SO WHAT who cares, do us all a favor and don't do any free offers and go spend $300 in the store on an ipod moron.....jesus I hope that you don't get so sensitive about everything........You are doing them a favor they are giving you a goddamn $300 item it's not like they are forcing 3rd world country children to make our product and then give it to us for free after we supply them with what they need. It's goddamn free meaning not a dime comes out of our pocket, all the company's are happy and that's the end of it.......

Also, I will not comment that I am not too intelligent. Don't really feel like arguing about my intelligence with someone who knows zero about me.

UberLucid

05-10-2004 14:17:48

THIS JUST IN Gratis Internet registred www.almostfreeipodsbutnotreallybutkinda.com in order to be more clear about their business and not mislead consumers.

Geez. Let's argue about the definition of free...heh. I'll be listening to jams on my ipod, which I paid nothing for, while you guys can debate...

peez.

caveman

05-10-2004 14:19:36

[quotea610487c32="Santa"]Yes caveman go ahead, btw this wasn't told in their term of service p may be a law suit? p But yeah I am mostly pissed about them engarving it. Really though what can I do? Nothing. Don't say it was for free. They are making money from you. We are risking all this info and yes I even know some of my friends who got spammed in the phone not email because they signed up for some offers that were up. Anyway... It wasn't for free...[/quotea610487c32]

in case the roll didnt give it away, i was being facetious

Santa

05-10-2004 14:44:57

[quotec636927b7b="crow216"][quotec636927b7b="Santa"]Your actually stupid... Read what I wrote. The pizza thing doesn't make sense but it is interesting how you brought food as your example (explains something about who you are, but anyway). It is like this, since you love food... I will put it in that example, You go to a pizza shop, the owner says "Hey listen, I will give you this slice of pizza only if you go and bring me 5 people who will go and buy from the store beside me, and you buy something from there too" Lets say you can refund the item you buy from the store. It isn't free, you are actually doing something for him in trade of the slice. So basically you need to use your head more and thing. Moral of the story, Gratis is getting the price of the iPod which makes it NOT free and they are getting the price and over that what they made because we signed up and followed the instructions. So people please stop worshiping Gratis or something, there is nothing free in this world. Again, although you didn't pay anything, you paid Gratis back and more with something they wanted to do which is just like currency to them.[/quotec636927b7b]

SO WHAT who cares, do us all a favor and don't do any free offers and go spend $300 in the store on an ipod moron.....jesus I hope that you don't get so sensitive about everything........You are doing them a favor they are giving you a goddamn $300 item it's not like they are forcing 3rd world country children to make our product and then give it to us for free after we supply them with what they need. It's goddamn free meaning not a dime comes out of our pocket, all the company's are happy and that's the end of it.......

Also, I will not comment that I am not too intelligent. Don't really feel like arguing about my intelligence with someone who knows zero about me.[/quotec636927b7b]

Another illiterate, so sad. Please do us all a favor and don't talk if you really want to talk then back your argument up. Just because I don't know you in person, it doesn't mean I can't tell that you have a two digit IQ, oh well not your fault you have low levels of Dopamine.

doylnea

05-10-2004 14:59:53

[quoteed5cdc48db="crow216"][quoteed5cdc48db="Santa"]Your actually stupid... Read what I wrote. The pizza thing doesn't make sense but it is interesting how you brought food as your example (explains something about who you are, but anyway). It is like this, since you love food... I will put it in that example, You go to a pizza shop, the owner says "Hey listen, I will give you this slice of pizza only if you go and bring me 5 people who will go and buy from the store beside me, and you buy something from there too" Lets say you can refund the item you buy from the store. It isn't free, you are actually doing something for him in trade of the slice. So basically you need to use your head more and thing. Moral of the story, Gratis is getting the price of the iPod which makes it NOT free and they are getting the price and over that what they made because we signed up and followed the instructions. So people please stop worshipping Gratis or something, there is nothing free in this world. Again, although you didn't pay anything, you paid Gratis back and more with something they wanted to do which is just like currency to them.[/quoteed5cdc48db]

Also, I will not comment that I am not too intelligent. Don't really feel like arguing about my intelligence with someone who knows zero about me.[/quoteed5cdc48db]

thanks for the negative Karma. Lack of grammatical knowledge is often proportional to real-world intelligence.

Santa

05-10-2004 15:05:10

They gave me negative "Karma" as well. Oh well, I could care less about some points on some online forum.

BlingKing

05-10-2004 15:07:14

LOL! Foreal

jmalm

05-10-2004 15:11:13

Taken from dictionary.com
----
Main Entry [b42a09233c1]free[/b42a09233c1]
Function [i42a09233c1]adjective[/i42a09233c1]

not costing or charging anything —free·ly adverb —for free without charge

Hrm let's see. I did the infone deal, I didn't get charged one bit, and sending out an e-mail to my friends to get them to sign up. This truely is FREE, end of thread.

Ace

05-10-2004 15:36:31

free is actually where u do nothing, and you are paying with your "time"

megamike69

05-10-2004 15:45:09

I agree with Santa.

Santa never said since it's not free then it must be a bad deal for us and thus we should all buy them for 300. So please don't keep saying "why don't you go buy one then?", because that's not what he's saying.

I think he's in it b/c he does think it is a good deal, but a good deal for all 3 parties. We should be thankful to gratis for giving us this opportunity to spend some time and energy advertising for them, and get a "free" ipod in return. But at the same time, Gratis isn't doing us a favor by giving us the ipods, they don't owe us anything.

Regarding the dicitonary definition, yeah free means cost nothing. But money isn't the only "cost" that one can incur. What about the cost of our time, our energy, the opportunity costs that we could have done something else with. Let's imagine you working for an advertising firm, different companies come and ask you to do ads and pay your firm a fee. Are they giving your firm FREE money? No. They're paying you in exchange for a service. I think we're in a similar situation, we advertise/sell these promo offers to ourselves and our friends, in return we don't get paid but we get a "free" ipod. So technically, it isn't free. Santa is right. Is it still a good deal for us? Of course it is. That's why we're in it. That's why gratis is making money. Business deals only happen when both sides win. When a deal is one sided, it won't occur or if it occurs it won't last long.

Regards,
Mike

Ace

05-10-2004 15:47:57

i agree with you mike, as said in my earlier post

Fresh

05-10-2004 15:56:45

[quote5aff880908="Santa"]Another illiterate, so sad. Please do us all a favor and don't talk if you really want to talk then back your argument up. Just because I don't know you in person, it doesn't mean I can't tell that you have a two digit IQ, oh well not your fault you have low levels of Dopamine.[/quote5aff880908]

Oh gee whiz. you shure R learned. dopamine is such a smart word.

In all seriousness, dopamine is not a proper noun...

Santa

05-10-2004 17:22:23

Well said megamike69, Thank you for taking the time to write that. Thank you.

Fresh, what do you mean it is not a proper noun? May I ask if you know what Dopamine is?

lizerauti

05-10-2004 17:34:48

I don't wtf you guys are all talking about, but I wouldn't like the words 'freeipods.com' on the back of mine, speaking from an aesthetic standpoint. That's all, no big deal.

My friend says that he doesn't care about the engraving because it would still be free and still would do what it's supposed to do. That's all, no big deal.

8)

Fresh

05-10-2004 18:47:34

[quoted48c9585c7="Santa"]

Fresh, what do you mean it is not a proper noun? May I ask if you know what Dopamine is?[/quoted48c9585c7]

yea I know what dopamine is...it's not a proper noun...scientific/medical terms like that are mistaken for proper nouns a lot

but anyway, I was just joking around....

I think both sides in this argument have a point...depends on how you view "free".