Cyberpowers have arrived! 4-15-05

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11721

eggbot

15-04-2005 09:58:52

Time to set it up!

Floyd91

15-04-2005 10:15:56

Mine came in yesterday. I wish you luck.. I would definently never buy anything from cyber power after seeing this.

ISleepyxBabyI1

15-04-2005 10:21:04

Congrats guys!!! Hmmmm.... Mine isnt here yet...... Did you guys get the free printer too? Or the free Half Life 2? Those free items were offered if you ordered befor 4-13-05. Hope I get minez soon...

BTW- What state do you live in and which state did it ship from, also, was it shipped by UPS or Fed EX?

wood

15-04-2005 10:46:58

There is no free printer...There is a free half life 2 download code.

At least that was the case with my shipment two weeks ago

[quotee013752000="Floyd91"]Mine came in yesterday. I wish you luck.. I would definently never buy anything from cyber power after seeing this.[/quotee013752000]

What's this all about?

Floyd91

15-04-2005 11:59:35

Mine came with the tower, a logitech keyboard, scroll mouse, and a 3 speaker set, 2 speakers and a "sub". I received coupons for half life 2, and napster. I also received a manual for a laptop.

As far as the computer goes. The first thing I noticed was the metal mesh on the front being bent and the xblade logo was broken off.. No biggy. Upon looking inside I was horrified at the tangled birdsnest. I plugged it in and it booted up. While in windows I could do nothing, it would constantly find a new hardware and freeze, totally lock up. It would then do an end process on a socket something or another (can't remember off hand) And then it would completely shut off. Like someone pulled the cord. It does this every few minutes, whether it's sitting in the bios or in windows. The fan controller on the front also did not work apparently it was never plugged in. I have called their customer support. (no answer) I have sent 2 emails (no reply) which is funny because prior to actually having the pc in my possesion they were always quick about getting back to me.

Floyd91

15-04-2005 12:04:01

I live in Oregon, and it was shipped from Cali.

wood

15-04-2005 12:04:49

WOW, thats really crappy. (

Thats weird that you can't get a hold of them now...Although it is Friday....but Still...I'd be more then upset too.

eggbot

15-04-2005 14:06:12

[quote43a9f0080b="Floyd91"]Mine came in yesterday. I wish you luck.. I would definently never buy anything from cyber power after seeing this.[/quote43a9f0080b]

you kidding me? i love this computer so far... im up to 200 gigs in it now ;]

thesmashest

15-04-2005 18:40:48

Just recieved mine today and also had plenty of problems

1- The top of the case was bent towards the inside...like someone punched the case...not a big deal since the pc is under the table.

2- The wires were really messy on the inside, when I booted up one of the wires was inside the fan and it sounded like a jet taking off....so I had to open the case and clean it up...no big deal.

3- Windows loaded and everything was fine until the computer started restarting automatically every 3-4 minutes (I tried everything possible... upgraded the video driver...Changed the RAM slot.....disabled every startup program...messed around in BIOS....uninstalled all the programs that I loaded (firefox & AVG)....nothing worked until I disconnected the hard-drive changed its power supply and reconnected the whole thing.....it's fine now, but I am not sure what will happend tomorrow.

5- Adding a new PCI slot is a real pain....becuase the metal cover that they added was really hard to take off....it was like they welded the sucker in.

4- Don't forget to run Windows Update....there were around 19 critical updates.

5- I got a manual for a Laptop!!????

--------------------

Good things

1- half life free code (works)

2- Fast PC

3- Excellent keyboard

---------------------------------------------

Overall, I would not buy from Cyberpower again....but I cannot complain a lot since I got this one for free.

Floyd91

18-04-2005 08:48:11

At least I know I'm not the only one having problems or who received a laptop manual.. Another thing I noticed, my case does not set level. Only 3 of the 4 legs touch at any given time.

I have narrowed down a lot of the problems I was having. I pulled everything apart this weekend. The mother board had 2 screws that were loose (probably why it was turning off) There was no thermal paste on the processor. One of the power plugs had a pin that was completely unseated. Not to mention my problems earlier. The onboard sound did not work because it was not enabled in the bios. There are so many little things wrong it's amazing.

I reflashed the bios, put in a new 80gb wd hard drive and installed windows xp pro 64 bit. It seems to be running fine with the exception that it restarts by itself. I'm thinking that's just a memory issue though. I ordered a gig of mushkin ram so hopefully that will clear that up.

thesmashest

18-04-2005 12:43:06

My Recommendations

If you are good with computers (hardware & software) then get the cyberpower and expect to fix some problems.....and don't rely on thier customer service because i heard it is really crappy....OR... get a dell or something else because the chances of dell working fine is much higher than cyberpower.

by the way the invoice for cyberpowe was $641 )

weez

18-04-2005 15:06:59

What a let down, was really looking forward to pursuing the Cyberpower, guess I'll have to get another Dell. Then again this one is going on 4-5 years strong.

theysayjump

23-04-2005 20:49:03

i was gonna go for freedesktoppc next and was going to get the Cyberpower, but for the people who are having the problems.....is it worth all the hassle?

and why is the Dell better than the Sony VAIO? you can always upgrade, and in some ways it may be a good idea.

cheers!

frank

weez

25-04-2005 19:58:24

[quote4e4a991897="theysayjump"]i was gonna go for freedesktoppc next and was going to get the Cyberpower, but for the people who are having the problems.....is it worth all the hassle?

and why is the Dell better than the Sony VAIO? you can always upgrade, and in some ways it may be a good idea.

cheers!

frank[/quote4e4a991897]

The Dell is better because Sony's are slow pieces of crap. Plus Dell has P4 H/T, look what the Sony has... Celeron? In my own experience Dell is lightning compared to Sony. Sony = lag