Stop Complaining about a FREE ipod

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1164

Rainman

05-10-2004 11:01:34

Serioulsy some of the people on this site are rediculous. I've never seen so many greedy people in one place in my life. Your getting a FREE $250-$300 product for signing up for some BS services and cancelling them, and yet you people still complain that it takes too long to ship or now the big thing is that they are engraved. I can't believe people are actually complaining that they are engraved. It shouldnt matter it's free, half of you talk like Gratis owe's you something, truth is they dont have to give you shit. Just be happy that your getting something for free and stop whining. If you actually bought an Ipod then you would have something to complain about but you didnt so just take your free ipod and be happy with it an that you didnt have to spend $300 for it. There are people out there who can barely afford food an never even dream of having an ipod. Maybe some of you should think about that for a while

fresh27

05-10-2004 11:02:14

You cancelled your service? Cheater.

JGrayland

05-10-2004 11:06:38

then they should sign up for www.freefood.com.

"How long till I get my oranges???"

PaulAnthonyGerdes@yahoo

05-10-2004 11:12:58

ha, seriously tho the topic starter is right, as much as i would like to bitch too b/c i mights take too long to send or whatever other reason, who gives a shit its fuckin free, and its not a free rio 64 mb mp3 player, its a new fuckin IPOD (probably the sweetest mp3 out right now).

tcoop25

05-10-2004 11:40:35

Stop complaining about people complaining about getting a free iPod!!! I am sick of it. What the hell else is there to do on this forum?

tyketto

05-10-2004 11:41:44

Agreed.
And it was a smart thing for freeipods.com to include the name on the iPod... totally smart on their part. They're paying for the damn thing...

BlingKing

05-10-2004 14:48:02

well actually... we make the money for them to buy it and have a profit.

ryo

05-10-2004 14:56:25

I think that people can be irritated if they want to be. They were told a set of conditions that they had to fulfill to receive an iPod, and they did so because they expected an iPod. The engraving makes people mad because they did not expect it.

Now if the engraving had been announced originally, everyone would still have done this because who really cares about an engraving anyway? But that way, they would have expected that and therefore, would be fine with it.

RoeCyris

05-10-2004 15:04:28

Anybody who works for a living is not complaining, i can guarantee that. I work my ass off for a shit paycheck to make ends meet. I wouldnt even care if all they offered was a pink ipod mini with the words "I Love Cock" engraved on the back. Free is free. And you can say its not "free" cause you could have done something else with the time but i bet most of you complainers would have just used that time to jerk off or play video games. Get over it.

tyketto

05-10-2004 15:08:38

Were you promised an iPod without engraving? Hell, they say in the TOS they can send you a refurbed one.

You all pretty much agreed to Gratis's terms which even say they don't have to send you an iPod, and you're going to complain about THIS?

BlingKing

05-10-2004 15:11:29

Lol. People should be complainging about getting refurbed ones, not engraved.

lityketto your sig doesn't show

tyketto

05-10-2004 15:28:01

Yeah my sig hasn't been showing but I'm too lazy to fix it.

Ace

05-10-2004 15:30:44

err we have a right to complain, without us, the company would be dead, and also were doing the work, were making the money for them damnit

DIGITALgimpus

05-10-2004 17:06:57

[quote7d6b486d87="Ace"]err we have a right to complain, without us, the company would be dead, and also were doing the work, were making the money for them damnit[/quote7d6b486d87]
Yupper.

Believe me... this isn't a charity. Gratis is a business, making money. We are doing them a service.

lizerauti

05-10-2004 17:14:55

These Gratis guys are making a huge profit, in somewhat of a dishonest way.

They tell us to sign up for offers that we are GENIUNELY interested in (phfft, im sure you all did that), but the truth is, only 1% of us probably did that. Gratis KNOWS that most of us are signing up with the intent of cancelling right away, and they really don't care, because they are making a huge profit. It's the stupid companies that affiliate themselves with Gratis, they are only losing a large amount of money.

AOL got smart and pulled out though.

If they decided to put 'freehandbags.com' on the side of one of those purses, it would be ABSOLUTELY worthless.. haha, so at least they're not doing that.

DIGITALgimpus

05-10-2004 17:46:01

Nah... it's like telemarketing.

Everyone says they just hang up...

but it's actually the #1 way to get new customers right now. It's expensive, but it's the best way. There's not even a close second place.

So despite 1000+ hangups... they still do great doing telemarketing.

This is the same deal. They expect 99% to not take the offer for more than a day or 2. But they know they will get a couple.

People all say they hangup... but it's still more than a successful business model to continue... it's the best way to increase a customer base right now.

That's why there so many telemarketing companies.

Tuffgong4

05-10-2004 18:06:25

what people are doing to get an ipod is actually not free.

we are doing an exchange with gratis so that we both benefit and when one side holds up it's side of the bargain the other is obligated to do the same. So actually it's not free.

Now I am not complaining I can wait for my ipod but the people from early August do have a real gripe.

Us signing up and getting referals for them is making them money and under the agreement we do that we get an ipod.

In the wired article you read that they make between 40 and 90 dollars per referal and you need actually a total of 6 referals to get your ipod (you and the five) so let's just say that they receive 6 90 dollar referals that means they make 540 dollars. the ipod is about 250-300 mattering on the deal they have with the vendors so if you say an ipod is 300 dollars gratis makes 240 dollars from every person that signs up and completes the requirements and then you add another five and another five and another five...

this is a form of exchange. So if people feel like complaining let them. I mean it's not like we have any form of communication with a Gratis rep.

I am more than happy waiting and I really don't feel like complaining but the people who are waiting 2 months to a month and half do have a complaint

tyketto

05-10-2004 20:04:59

Tell you what. Either cancel the free iPod if you don't want the damn thing, or shove it up your ass and quit whining...

All of a sudden, everyone is owed more than a $300 iPod because they completed a stupid offer and got a few friends to do the same. YOU FUCKING AGREED TO DO IT, so stop acting like Gratis owes you something because they're a business and you agreed to their terms to get a free product. You have no right to complain. The terms of service say they don't even have to send you an iPod. They make no guarantees, yet greedy you wanted something for nothing and now have the balls to complain about this of all things.
The claims to entitlement are appauling.
I for one am sick of hearing it.

eglchick

05-10-2004 23:56:48

[quotede33107554]I wouldnt even care if all they offered was a pink ipod mini with the words "I Love Cock" engraved on the back.[/quotede33107554]

amen. too bad they don't engrave the mini - that'd make a hilarious gift if you knew someone who had no shame.

also, all of you using the free handbags analogy, asking how we'd feel if they stamped their logo on the side of the bag - your logic is flawed. kate spade, burberry, etc, do not offer optional engraving of their product. apple does. if kate spade or burberry offered free personalization (a monogram, maybe?) and gratis took advantage of this (how about a bag that says FIP or FREE?) THEN that would be the same as the ipods being engraved. a gratis stamp on the side of a branded bag, however, is NOT the same as gratis taking advantage of the engraving option that apple itself offers.

sorry, kids. you'll need to find a new point to back up your bitching. like others here, i'm fine with the engraving and think it could help me get friends to sign up for my desktop pc.

Tuffgong4

06-10-2004 00:27:11

[quote597562056d="tyketto"]Tell you what. Either cancel the free iPod if you don't want the damn thing, or shove it up your ass and quit whining...

All of a sudden, everyone is owed more than a $300 iPod because they completed a stupid offer and got a few friends to do the same. YOU FUCKING AGREED TO DO IT, so stop acting like Gratis owes you something because they're a business and you agreed to their terms to get a free product. You have no right to complain. The terms of service say they don't even have to send you an iPod. They make no guarantees, yet greedy you wanted something for nothing and now have the balls to complain about this of all things.
The claims to entitlement are appauling.
I for one am sick of hearing it.[/quote597562056d]

I will never complain about the freeipod thing, I know it takes time and have nothing but good things to say about gratis...but you make them money and if you do what they require and don't receive a freeipod or flatscreen or whatever they don't give the money back they made off of your referals.

I don't know it's a weird and unique situation, most people haven't had the opportunity to get something like this adn just want it now...which is wrong but I mean let them complain they aren't hurting anyone