Realistically, how long do you think FIP.com will last?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1145

da

04-10-2004 21:37:01

Gratis has had the best intentions through this whole thing, but I see two things painting the dissolution of Freeipods.com

1) Gratis further tightening the restrictions placed in those who've signed up and their referrals. It will become harder for people who get their friends to complete offers when the offers are more difficult/expensive/risky/useless.

2) Surely, as the pyramid lengthens its base, there has to be some maximum theoretical footprint. FIP will likely, in a matter of months, have reached nearly all of its potential participants. These people will have tremendous trouble finding referrals.

I guess I've thought about this from the beginning (for me, this was around 7/15 or so). Sure, there's FDPC, FFS, FHB, FGP, FC, FDVD, FVG, etc.etc., but there's got to be some point of saturation. And where will Gratis turn then?

DarkTemplar194

04-10-2004 21:41:00

my gueess....

FREEIPODS.com will probably last until around march 2005 or so.0

by then people will get pissed off by people and their ref links. like they'r enot already pissed off? P

lizerauti

04-10-2004 21:47:56

FIP is already starting to crumble, it will be chaotic by Christmas. evil

Thousands of people complaining about their iPods, complaining about being on hold, new stupid useless offers, no credit given, problems getting referrals, referral links spammed on every corner of the net, freeipods.com all over the news! And the lawsuits against the people for fraud, and the lawsuits against Gratis for not giving them iPods!!!

AHHH!!!! twisted twisted

Good thing I placed my order already. 8)

ThisSunAlsoRises

05-10-2004 00:48:23

yea. gratis has been having too many problems with fraud from people and them not giving people what they deserve. people don't like that they can do whatever they want and if they keep treating people like this it's bound to get negative feedback and no one will trust them (as if they don't already not trust them with the 8 weeks+ shipping time...)

I3roknI3ottle

05-10-2004 03:51:58

well the pyramid is definitely going to reach its base soon, and you must live under a rock if u havent heard of Free????.com from gratis. Good thng mines ordered and i heard about this back in the begginn of summa 8) . PiMpJuIcE

J_west

05-10-2004 04:18:26

As long as I get my Ipod before they crumble, I'm cool. But the customer service will need to pick up the pace or this free ride may come to an abrupt end any time.

tyketto

05-10-2004 05:47:31

The pyramid is nowhere near it's full size. Theoretically, millions of households can qualify for the free iPod. And no, TONS of people don't know about it yet. Plus you have people who thought it was a scam who may come back to it.

As for all these recent complaints. I believe you have these complaints because more and more computer illiterate and - quite frankly - stupid people are signing up and don't know how to read. It says right on their site 6 to 8 weeks to get your iPod. So you can't expect the damn thing in a week.
The offers are what their advertisers want. Just because you can't complete an offer so easily right now to get something for free, doesn't mean the offers are useless.
Also, if some idiot files a lawsuit for a $300 iPod, he really is a f'in moron.
People not getting credit – seems to be, once again, computer illiterate people who don't know what they're doing. I and all of my referrals completed offers with no issue at all. And that includes on the other Gratis sites.
Put on hold - For all the people being put on hold for possible fraud, I've seen many taken off hold after explaining. Gratis actually loosened this one up a little.
I have no idea how long freeipods will last. I think it can go on for quite a bit longer; as can ffs and fdc.
Gratis is now at a point where they can just keep creating new sites with new offers, and people like us will sign up.

kingjester33

05-10-2004 10:05:09

The pyramid is nowhere near it's full size. There are so many people that don't have a clue about this offer yet. However almost no one thinks outside the box. If you really thought hard enough you could find some creative ways to spread the word to people who don't know yet. I think they will keep coming up with ideas and people will keep doing them. I can think of at least 5 people who will sign up once I get an Ipod.

Da_KilLa

05-10-2004 16:48:38

What would ever make them stop?? They don't care if people Join and complete an offer but never get five people. It will help them. There Will always be people joining, but it will be very hard for people to get their ipods in the future. Thus all money and no pay makes gratis happy. )

tyketto

05-10-2004 16:55:01

Da Killa, that's exactly the point of how the "pyramid" works. So you are totally correct.

There are definitely creative ways to find new people. I used one for my flatscreen account that worked semi well. Over 20 people signed up in two weeks, but only four people completed offers. Not sure how to get the others to complete, but I'm still holding out hope they didn't do an instant offer.

Ace

05-10-2004 16:56:47

i think FIP still has soem time

lizerauti

05-10-2004 17:05:16

hey guess what, looks like FIP is gonna crumble a lot sooner, like NOW!

Not only are the people that didn't get their ipods yet mad, but the people that DID get them are pissed (not all, but many) because of an unexpected freeipods.com engraving on the back!

now complaints are flowing in from both crowds, instead of just one.

Seriously though, this is a small change, but if they start adding little small changes like this it will just fall apart soon.

xyclonez

05-10-2004 17:09:00

[quote0aa4d3e9c1="lizerauti"]hey guess what, looks like FIP is gonna crumble a lot sooner, like NOW!

Not only are the people that didn't get their ipods yet mad, but the people that DID get them are pissed (not all, but many) because of an unexpected freeipods.com engraving on the back!

Seriously though, this is a small change, but if they start adding little small changes like this it will just fall apart soon.[/quote0aa4d3e9c1]

It's nothing new to Gratis, they engraved the 3G ipods from FreeGfitPlanet before.

Cedge

05-10-2004 18:07:00

[quote83e47009da="xyclonez"][quote83e47009da="lizerauti"]hey guess what, looks like FIP is gonna crumble a lot sooner, like NOW!

Seriously though, this is a small change, but if they start adding little small changes like this it will just fall apart soon.[/quote83e47009da]

It's nothing new to Gratis, they engraved the 3G ipods from FreeGfitPlanet before.[/quote83e47009da]

Yeah, if any morons try to take action with Gratis over the engravings, they won't get anywhere. Thank's to Gratis' TOS, they can ship you whatever they want. So the engravings do not violate their TOS or claims.

xyclonez

05-10-2004 18:09:10

[quoteddc3207f13="Cedge"][quoteddc3207f13="xyclonez"][quoteddc3207f13="lizerauti"]hey guess what, looks like FIP is gonna crumble a lot sooner, like NOW!

Seriously though, this is a small change, but if they start adding little small changes like this it will just fall apart soon.[/quoteddc3207f13]

It's nothing new to Gratis, they engraved the 3G ipods from FreeGfitPlanet before.[/quoteddc3207f13]

Yeah, if any morons try to take action with Gratis over the engravings, they won't get anywhere. Thank's to Gratis' TOS, they can ship you whatever they want. So the engravings do not violate their TOS or claims.[/quoteddc3207f13]

I'm sure people can buff the engraving out.

yiluncn

05-10-2004 19:44:17

if the freeipod.com crumbles, they will start some other new stuffs anyway...

Da_KilLa

05-10-2004 21:18:00

The reason they started to Engrave first of all is because its free advertisement. but also I have seen their banners EVERYWHERE on like 8 different sites. They want people to sign up without reffering people. Because of this massive advertisement liI have seen the ffs and fip bannersli refferals are hard to find therefore they make all the cash. If they are makeing more and more (pyramid) and they are why would the site ever go down????

lizerauti

05-10-2004 21:34:20

the engraving promotes fraud, because when the person looks at the back of their ipod, they would think "gee, i should go back to the site and try to get another ipod, for free!"

xyclonez

05-10-2004 21:40:15

[quotec2ac20d107="lizerauti"]the engraving promotes fraud, because when the person looks at the back of their ipod, they would think "gee, i should go back to the site and try to get another ipod, for free!"[/quotec2ac20d107]

lol i doubt it, they would be too busy listening to their music

I3roknI3ottle

05-10-2004 21:47:01

yah i cant wait for my mini to ship so i can use it on the bus...im 16 and i ride the the bus to school everymorning.... oops

Creatif Xpresshun

05-10-2004 22:12:06

Why are people bitching about engravings??? They are gettin a free $300 device and are bitching about it saying FreeIpods.com on back...it could say "The Holder of this Device Smells like Shit" for all I care...people are just greedy...want to trade it for a 40gb...Stop being greedy and just stick with the free one that u didnt pay shit for...instead of shellin out $100 more for a 40gb

timmerk

06-10-2004 10:22:34

"The Holder of this Device Smells like Shit" - hahahaahh -) that made me laugh out loud