Bluetooth and Airport Wireless Card

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=11266

Diggety

10-04-2005 11:32:57

1. Has anyone taken their Mini to an Apple store and had them install the bluetooth and airport wireless card? I went to the apple store in Westchester NY yesterday and a store rep told me that they were not doing the installations yet. I found this hard to believe because I have seen all over the net and even in the Mini Manual that I can bring the Mini to any Apple Store or Certified reseller and they will take care of it. Looks like it cost about $99. If anyone has any experience with this and would like to share it, please do. How long did it take for them to do the installation? Where did you have it done?

2. For those who already have the Airport wireless card installed in your mini, will this card work with any wireless router? Do I have to buy the Airport Extreme or could I get something from Belkin or Linksys? I just want to make sure that this card is compatible with other routers before I go out and buy one. I am looking to network my Mini to my PC and I am not exactly sure how to do that. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions would be much appreciated.