Has anyone actually received a Dell 2400?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1115

Mr Sofa Sets

04-10-2004 14:27:37

I was just thinking and realized that I have not seen anyone who has received a dimension 2400 PC. All of the pictures I've seen are of the nicer Dimension 3000. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but in my opinion the 2400 is just too crappy of a PC to warrant 10 referrals. I hope that they realize this and decide to ship out the 3000's instead of any 2400's.

I have completed all of the other sites, including FHB, and am happy with the "rewards" for them. I currently have 7 of the required 10 referrals on FDPC, but I am hesitant to continue getting the final 3 referrals due to the the lack of a decent PC to choose as my reward.

My question is this; If I complete all of my requirements, how long can I wait before ordering my Free PC? If there is no time limit, I would just assume to wait until they add a decent desktop to their list. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to order, and if they will ever get nicer desktops?
Thanks!

gchoee

04-10-2004 16:24:29

[quoteb60f0edbbf="Mr Sofa Sets"]I was just thinking and realized that I have not seen anyone who has received a dimension 2400 PC. All of the pictures I've seen are of the nicer Dimension 3000. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but in my opinion the 2400 is just too crappy of a PC to warrant 10 referrals. I hope that they realize this and decide to ship out the 3000's instead of any 2400's.

I have completed all of the other sites, including FHB, and am happy with the "rewards" for them. I currently have 7 of the required 10 referrals on FDPC, but I am hesitant to continue getting the final 3 referrals due to the the lack of a decent PC to choose as my reward.

My question is this; If I complete all of my requirements, how long can I wait before ordering my Free PC? If there is no time limit, I would just assume to wait until they add a decent desktop to their list. Does anyone know if there is a time limit to order, and if they will ever get nicer desktops?
Thanks![/quoteb60f0edbbf]

1. they've only shipped out one batch so far, and that happened to be 3000's but that was only because it was first batch

2. i asked harry and he said from now on they will only be shipping 2.4 celerons

3. if they continued to ship out 3000's then no one in their right mind would choose any other PC, so then they should just make it www.freedellcomputer.com

4. it's free, you cant expect a super sweet PC from this deal. plus, you are almost done anyways so just get a free pc

5. ive been waiting for almost a week now to get approved. i guess a lot of people are requesting though at the moment so they must be very busy with checking ppl's refs

6. they will most likely not add a new desktop to the line

JuniorPhatFarm

04-10-2004 16:30:31

Will the celerons come with a CD\R?

wy-

04-10-2004 19:41:57

cd-rw drives are like 5 bux nowadays and im pretty sure theyre standard in most dells.

mapStuart

04-10-2004 20:00:42

They aren't actually standard in a Dell - very frequently its a free upgrade, but not standard.

mapStuart

04-10-2004 20:09:34

Also, I think its possible Gratis would continue to send Dimension 3000 units. They're virtually the same price as the 2400 (since they're to be replacing the 2400 once the 2400 sells out) - maybe $20 - $50 more. It just seems to me Gratis tries to stay on top of the product curve - they changed to the 4G almost the week it was available and such. We'll see if the newer WEGA's people are receiving are the newer ones or not as well. Anyway, its VERY possible they'll just send the 2400, but time will tell.

ThisSunAlsoRises

05-10-2004 01:45:40

just sell it and put it towards a new nice PC.

mapStuart

05-10-2004 07:50:12

That's my plan - actually I already bought the new PC a couple weeks ago when Dell had a stellar deal on a 400SC - about $200 after rebates and hard drive buy back for a P4 2.8GHz, 512MB ECC RAM and a nice case/motherboard chipset.

JuniorPhatFarm

05-10-2004 08:05:07

[quoteb87d3ec3cf="mapStuart"]Also, I think its possible Gratis would continue to send Dimension 3000 units. They're virtually the same price as the 2400 (since they're to be replacing the 2400 once the 2400 sells out) - maybe $20 - $50 more. It just seems to me Gratis tries to stay on top of the product curve - they changed to the 4G almost the week it was available and such. We'll see if the newer WEGA's people are receiving are the newer ones or not as well. Anyway, its VERY possible they'll just send the 2400, but time will tell.[/quoteb87d3ec3cf]

I hope you're right.

Mr Sofa Sets

07-10-2004 10:39:16

Well, now I'm done with all of my referrals. I've decided to go ahead and order the Dell PC. Here is my thinking in doing so.

If you go to Dell.com right now and look at the 2400, it is currently being offered with a free 15" flat panel upgrade, and a free 80g HD upgrade. Now truthfully, I am not going to keep this computer no matter what. I already have a badass PC so I will either be selling it, or giving it to someone in need. At first I was annoyed about the 2400 because it is such a piece of junk, but if it comes with the upgrades that Dell is offering it would be worth it. It would raise the resale value or it would be a better gift for someone. Anyhow, I ordered it, and will be keeping my fingers crossed. Wish me luck!

Let me know what your opinions are on whether or not they will get the Dell.com upgrades.
Thank you.