Need help on which to order

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1114

Rainman

04-10-2004 14:16:05

I was just approved today and I have a tough time making decisions. I'm not sure if i should order the apple 20gb or the HP ipod. I heard people saying that they are getting the HP alot faster is it worth it thought to wait for the apple? What are thoughts on the Mini's too.

shifuimam

04-10-2004 14:23:11

The HP ships faster these days. People refuse to switch to the HP because they are elitist apple users or windows users who are convinced that the "HP Invent" logo below the Apple logo will somehow make the iPod blow up or something.

If you want it faster, switch to the hPod. It will put you on two lists - one for apple and one for HP. Whichever ships first is the one you get. If you really want a mini, get a regular iPod and return it at Best Buy or something for a mini.

I3roknI3ottle

04-10-2004 14:50:41

I went for a Silver Mini, I found out about FreeIpods.com early in the summer when it wasnt really known, I had all my freinds sign up under the ebay offer. I signed up for the ebay offer but never got credit so finally afta like 2months i finally did the video professor offer. and now my mini is almost mine, i dont really mind waiting....its kinda fun oops

Ace

04-10-2004 16:59:36

fun? wtf is wrong with you man

tyketto

04-10-2004 17:23:16

Apple elitist here. HPs are supposedly shipping faster, however I don't recall a large group of HPs going out within the last week or so. Apple's are picking up some steam now.
If you have a Mac, then get the Apple. If you have an PC, then it's your preference. I personally think it's just a crap shoot right now of which ships faster.
Mini you will wait

the real dareal

04-10-2004 18:34:53

Does this also apply to those who ordered the HP from the start? That's what I did. Am I on the "whatever comes first, HP or Apple" list? Or only HP?

Inferno69

04-10-2004 19:23:07

Theres absolutely NO difference between HP and Apple besides a few obvious ones.... If you wanna support Apple more by gettin an Apple iPod, your not, Apple mgets the same amount of profit, as they do by selling their own models.

hacktek

04-10-2004 19:28:00

I really don't think HP's are shipping faster than Apple anymore, that was more when the switch was first made available and there were a bunch of HP's available...after those dried up, it just went back to slow