Suggestion

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1089

tyketto

03-10-2004 19:08:04

Since the site admin apparently has some connection at Gratis and has had a Gratis rep at a chat, maybe he can find out about some of the 8/6'er and other August people who are still waiting, and how others who completed after are getting their iPods. Maybe Gratis isn't fully aware of how messed up it is?

It almost seems that in their haste to catch up, first by offering the hPod, then by buying from Apple directly, they really messed up their ordering system. Maybe they didn't keep total track of it all.

CollidgeGraduit

03-10-2004 19:15:29

Maybe you should read the forum and realize that there's a shitload of iPods being shipped from China this weekend, presumably to catch up on the August backlog..

da

03-10-2004 19:54:33

[quote0821ee4bac="rhernals"]Maybe you should read the forum and realize that there's a shitload of iPods being shipped from China this weekend, presumably to catch up on the August backlog..[/quote0821ee4bac]

If I wore lipstick, there would be lipstick on my monitor if this was the case.

Though some received chinese-origin tracking numbers friday, and I certainly didn't.

CollidgeGraduit

03-10-2004 19:55:54

I'd imagine you're in this bunch, maybe you'll get your status updated on Monday... anyway, congrats, I'm sure you're getting your pod soon!

da

03-10-2004 20:02:38

everyday for two months, it's been the same thing at my work

Me <rushing to the back door when the truck pulls up
Me Cube-shaped box from eCost?
UPS Guy not today
Me Damnit.
UPS Do you have a tracking number?
Me No, but they don't update the site sometimes
UPS "but but but but"
Me I bet you have it, and you've had it for weeks
UPS Sure do.
Me It has to be.

It will be funny now when it comes FedEx.

ThisSunAlsoRises

03-10-2004 20:14:51

too bad that UPS guy would be horribly smart if he saw his chance to see an iPod from an unreliable shipping source because you'd never know it was him and he'd never lose his job. lol.

da

03-10-2004 20:22:14

He's been our UPS guy for 15 years and we love him. We're just sarcastic assholes with each other. He saw my Wega come from Fedex.. and became interested in the whole thing.

matpic

03-10-2004 21:22:56

[quotef388191ed4="rhernals"]I'd imagine you're in this bunch, maybe you'll get your status updated on Monday... anyway, congrats, I'm sure you're getting your pod soon![/quotef388191ed4]

Unfortunately, he probably isn't... recieving it on Monday that is... I hope he get his soon!

And I'm not in the recent China Shipment either, though I am STV about a week after him (8/12).

It's actually a great suggestion. If the admin or someone could get some sort of status, it would put A LOT of peoples minds at ease. I also imagine it would stop the huge influx of email that gratis is recieving regarding this.

It does seem quite odd that people who are STV and switched to hPod don't have theirs and people who ordered way after have theirs. Perhaps Gratis isn't fully aware of this discrepency and pointing it out to them might allow them to somehow rectify the situation....

CollidgeGraduit

04-10-2004 04:22:30

I bet there's just a big shipment of HPs coming in to eCost soon, which is why Gratis didn't give all the orders to Apple.

tyketto

04-10-2004 05:46:16

Of course I read the forums... see that 168 posts by my name? Certainly a lot went out from China, but there's still some of the people with the earliest dates waiting. I just feel bad they're waiting that long. I sure as hell don't want to wait 2 months.

CollidgeGraduit

04-10-2004 06:07:08

I don't think they'll be waiting much longer... if they're not in this China shipment, then it's probably because they switched to HP at some point, and we're more than due for a big shipment of those to go out any time now.

Sebring

04-10-2004 06:17:24

[quotea0427f073f="rhernals"]I don't think they'll be waiting much longer... if they're not in this China shipment, then it's probably because they switched to HP at some point, and we're more than due for a big shipment of those to go out any time now.[/quotea0427f073f]Do you have a proof for saying that .. or r u just trying to start rummors?

CollidgeGraduit

04-10-2004 06:18:44

I'm not saying we're GETTING one.... I said we're due for one.. meaning that it's been a while since the last one, so logically, another one should be happening soon.

Sebring

04-10-2004 06:30:55

Well, I've been trying the logical thing for almost 2 months now ... When it comes to Gratis and shipments, nothing makes sense anymore. I gave up on anticipating their next move ... I'm dissapointed that so many people who ordered waayyy after me already got their iPods ...

EatChex89

04-10-2004 08:03:09

[quote53621db1c0="da"]everyday for two months, it's been the same thing at my work

UPS Guy not today
Me Damnit.
UPS "but but but but"
UPS Sure do.
Me It has to be.

It will be funny now when it comes FedEx.[/quote53621db1c0]

hahaha you desperate little person ;-)

just be patient like the rest of us P

Ace

04-10-2004 11:58:39

its impossible to be patient

da

04-10-2004 12:39:49

[quote87916997c5="EatChex89"]hahaha you desperate little person ;-)

just be patient like the rest of us P[/quote87916997c5]
Being an 8/6, I could probably teach you a thing or two about patience.. )

calvinj23

04-10-2004 12:49:51

[quotea02bc1e499="da"]everyday for two months, it's been the same thing at my work

UPS Guy not today
Me Damnit.
UPS "but but but but"
UPS Sure do.
Me It has to be.

It will be funny now when it comes FedEx.[/quotea02bc1e499]

atleast you dont have the UPS truck stop infront of your house 2 - 3 times a day to deliever your neighbor's daily packages. damn him and his business. lol