I got this from gratis

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=10687

DCJoeDog

03-04-2005 15:58:46

[quotedc738a630d]

3/29/2005 55620 PM
customer service wrote

We did not place a pre-order for the PSPs that are available now. We will be receiving one of the first regular orders that will be arriving in the US in about 3 weeks. You should see your free PSP in about 3 to 4 weeks. Sorry for the delay and thank you for your continued patience in this matter.
[/quotedc738a630d]

WOW, way to lie gratis. Guess what, now all my friends have it and I am the last, "Get it before your friends" indeed

jhennson

03-04-2005 16:00:36

wow....thats a bummer!! so we dont get the spidey UMD!!! sucks

Doh004

03-04-2005 16:01:51

My dear god..............................

DCJoeDog

03-04-2005 16:03:53

They lied lied LIED, they better have my spiderman 2 umd in there, they better steal it off some kid i dont give a shit they told me one thing and deliver another

splattered

03-04-2005 16:08:59

So wait... we wont be getting our psps for another month now? We will be getting them in may and they will NOT be coming with spiderman movie? What a joke..

PodTopia

03-04-2005 16:32:11

Wow, May??? I promised a PSP to a friend, but it was conditional that we'd share it until mine came. I've already preordred 3 games in addition to the two I already own (OWN Wipeout Pure, Lumines, PREORDERED NBA StreetV3, Grand Theft Auto, Midnight Club 3). I anticipated that I'd have it shortly. At least I have one, but for those of you that don't (and me a little bit) it sucks.

splattered

03-04-2005 16:34:07

Yeah this is BS... but theres nothing we can do. Im considering paying for one from wal mart and keeping the receipt and taking back the one i get for free... i wonder if this would even be possible though

VGM

03-04-2005 16:44:51

wow, so when they say regular orders, is it still the value pack or is it JUST the psp. I will be realllly pissed off if we're not getting the headphones, case, mem stick, etc. with it.

PodTopia

03-04-2005 16:49:57

It's gotta be Value Pack. Sony doesn't plan on selling anything else in the US till the holiday season.

Spanky

03-04-2005 16:54:54

Bullshit.

splattered

03-04-2005 16:59:09

Yeah itll be the value pack im sure, but it prob just wont come with spiderman 2. Maybe by that time, it will come with playable demos instead. That would definitely be a plus in my eyes

PodTopia

03-04-2005 18:20:59

They won't be offering playable demos. The original PSPs (the one I got w/ spiderman, etc.) came with non-playable games, some video samples, and some music videos.

VGM

03-04-2005 18:23:08

so is there anything we can do besides bitch about false advertising to gratis or the bbb?

Phbs83

03-04-2005 18:35:06

Here we go again)

I suggest that you
a) Start a site similar to "iamonhold.com", but something like "gratisareliars.com", "gratissucks.com"(be careful with this one, they will win if they get it to a dispute panel), "ididnotreceiveafreepspinamonthandiampissed.com", or something similar;P
b) Get this in court for "false" advertising (although the post doesn't GUARANTEE you that you will get it before all your friends)
c) Complain to BBB
d) Do something stupid along these lines

Good luck with that! I'm sure it will lead to something "good" for all of us (it's going to be extremely easy to try to persuade people to complete offers with bad publicity and after reactions like "I told you it is too good to be true")

Narakukuku

03-04-2005 20:13:12

Oh shut up.
If Gratis hadn't made a big deal about these so-called preorders, then no one would be complaining. You don't make an announcement like that and then ship the thing 1 month after the fact. I really do believe the should make an announcement on their webpage explaining the situation.
I don't mind waiting, I just wish they used proper judgment. It looks to me like they just opened the site and hyped it up so early just to make sure people wouldn't go elsewhere for a free psp. Looks like it worked.
I'm sure no one is considering taking legal action but I would say we have a right to be slightly pissed off.
If they never got those preorders, they should have kept silent about about getting a psp before the regular orders were shipped.

slease

03-04-2005 20:26:24

It's free. No complaints.

mapStuart

03-04-2005 21:12:36

The Spiderman 2 UMD is only worth about $15 - granted I would have liked it, but its certainly not something to bemoan too much.

Phbs83

03-04-2005 21:20:19

Yet again, they have "you will [bfed9e9073e][ifed9e9073e][ufed9e9073e]LIKELY[/ufed9e9073e][/ifed9e9073e][/bfed9e9073e] get your ..."

Just a matter of interpretation)

Dais781

03-04-2005 22:30:48

I think the problem is that they are offering the standard kit on their site. However according to the guy at my local EB, the only pack they are selling in the US is the value pack.

Phbs83

04-04-2005 00:23:10

There is no such thing as standard kit yet in the US. The "standart" one is not going to be out until the end of the year. You WILL get a value pack, most likely without the SpiderMan movie and the sampler disc though.

Narakukuku

04-04-2005 03:28:11

"likey" is not a key word considering that this word follows "we're preordering a ton." They did not say "it is likely that we will preorder a ton."

ENGRDawg

04-04-2005 06:53:25

[quotec761e400ce="Narakukuku"]"likey" is not a key word considering that this word follows "we're preordering a ton." They did not say "it is likely that we will preorder a ton."[/quotec761e400ce]

very true.
none of gratis' bullshit wording saves them from this lie.

by the way, my contempt with them increases every second they don't write me back and apologize for that 2nd ipodshuffle email they sent to me. i wrote them a support ticket telling them i won't put the thing in the mail until they write me back. sorry if it sounds juvenile, but i am the customer and i refuse to be treated like a criminal.

dameetch

04-04-2005 08:19:35

Like everyone else here I'm a bit pissed. Considering I wouldnt have been trying to complete my 5 referrals if I knew it wasn't the value pack. But everything they've said up until now is that it would be. For example. Here is an excerpt from gratisnetwork.com in which they're launching the psps site.

[quote21cf0ab5b0]We're pre-ordering a ton, so if you sign up now, and get your 5 complete referrals, you'll likely avoid the shortages and get one before your friends.[/quote21cf0ab5b0]

In a later post they said this.
[quote21cf0ab5b0]
The hefty price tag of $249 is prohibitive for some so why not get one FREE?[/quote21cf0ab5b0]

Everything they've said up until now indicates that it is the value pack. Then to say they didnt pre-order and are only getting the "regular" ones, well that's just bullshit.

If anyone tells me not to complain because it's free I will personally kick them in the face. It's not free, it takes time and in some cases money. That wouldnt exaclty make it free, now would it? I dont know about the rest of you, but i feel mislead. Complaining to the BBB would be nice, if only this were a "company" that cared about their reputation and had a practice that was remotely proffessional.

Phbs83

04-04-2005 09:56:33

Why the hell do most of the people have to read between the lines, and assume wrong things?
Who has EVER told you that you will receive the "regular" PSP?!?!? Read the post again, it says "regular order".... Do some research in advance guys, and then speak bullshlit. You are receiving the Value Pack, which is [u12b58426f7][b12b58426f7]THE ONLY[/color12b58426f7][/b12b58426f7][/u12b58426f7] (too bad I can't double underline it) PSP pack that is going to be AVAILABLE IN THE US till the end of the year. Got this???

And it may not be completely free(at least not all the time), but you're getting a nice toy for a very very low price - often free as well. And don't tell me that non-sense that you're wasting time at work/school, or in your free time to get referrals and that costs money. If you could really do this, why don't you just shut up and do it?

You know that you're going to get your PSP eventually. Bitching about it all the time, complaining to Gratis (and wasting their time as well) is definitely NOT helping us at all. If you hate the "company" so much - don't sign up for their sites, you won't have to deal with it at all.

Like I said - if you want a PSP THAT MUCH, go buy it.

I'm amazed how people who have received so much stuff from them are so "pissed"....
And btw, I would really like to see how you will kick someone in the face not personally;) I love watching internet bad-asses write!)

dameetch

04-04-2005 11:04:49

What are you the gratis defender?

I love how strongly you feel about how great gratis is.

Yeeha douche bag.

And another thing, they still claimed to have pre-ordered psp's. Doesnt change that they are deceptive.

Phbs83

04-04-2005 11:14:32

Believe me, I have my own issues with the freehandbags.com site as well, but still I am patient enough and don't start bitching everywhere about how bad they are and so on. I prefer Gratis staying in the business, as it still proves these sites are working. It will be close to impossible to persuade people to even join such sites, with Gratis "working" for a year, and then... nothing. Stop complaining and analyze it for a while.

It may be deceptive, depends on your perspective. Don't tell me all other ads out there are always tellign the truth? Have you ever gotten a hamburger that looks like the ones in the commercials? Have you ever had such "extraordinary results" with anything? Come on, get back to earth) Advertising is an effective way to get people into buying/trying things. Most of the people fall for it, some don't. Who cares? You still get an almost free gadget...and TOS, if you have time to read them, says that they aren't obliged to send you anything. So be patient, think of something else and one day when you least expect it, the PSP will come.

dameetch

04-04-2005 11:19:46

There's a difference between dressing something up in an ad to make it seem better than it is, and flat out lying about a course of action.

What they said they would do, and what they are doing now make them flat out liars. There's a reason that there are so many complaints about them to the BBB and why people get angry. This just adds to it.

egyptianruin

11-04-2005 07:41:58

I say the best way to get the word out is media. Don't complain to the BBB. If you want something DONE go to the media about it. People have been doing this for years and its one of the only real ways to get a change (or maybe just an apology and explanation from Gratis).

I am writing to stories@g4media.com[]stories@g4media.com which is Story Ideas for G4 TV to discuss both Gratis' lies regarding the pre-order of the PSP and the "shipped" status problem regarding the XBOX and PS2 on freegamingsystems.com

I suggest you do that same.

iridium130

11-04-2005 13:07:40

I've been Processing since Marh 15...at least I know whats up now.

I went out and bought a PSP when they first came out; I plan on selling the free one once it finally does come.

DCJoeDog

11-04-2005 15:25:14

it just makes me feel sick about the way they lied to us all.

Blink182=Gone

11-04-2005 15:58:42

[quote02884971da="egyptianruin"]I say the best way to get the word out is media. Don't complain to the BBB. If you want something DONE go to the media about it. People have been doing this for years and its one of the only real ways to get a change (or maybe just an apology and explanation from Gratis).

I am writing to stories@g4media.com[]stories@g4media.com which is Story Ideas for G4 TV to discuss both Gratis' lies regarding the pre-order of the PSP and the "shipped" status problem regarding the XBOX and PS2 on freegamingsystems.com

I suggest you do that same.[/quote02884971da]

...very nice

slucas76

11-04-2005 16:01:46

.[quote4e195a017e]If anyone tells me not to complain because it's free I will personally kick them in the face. It's not free, it takes time and in some cases money.[/quote4e195a017e]

Holy cow. Stop bitching. It is free, for the most part. I paid maybe 25 bucks for the right to get a machine that is selling for 250 bucks. That's a 90% discount by my math, which is nearly, almost free. Holy crap. Like somebody else said, if you want one so bad, go out there and actually pay for the thing.

I'll be waiting for that kick in the face. roll

AndrewZ

11-04-2005 16:13:52

I dont know if complaining to the media and BBB and whatever else some of you are doing/did/thinking of doing is a good idea. Do you want all the people that read and see this to get a really bad perception about Gratis and other free sites? Ummm, id definatly have to say NO becuase like we really need more people not believing this stuff. But whatever, if you want the whole world to think that this stuff is a scam and show to them the downsides and all the bad stuff go ahead, ruit it for everyone -p

Just settle down and wait for it, its not like they arent going to ship it. I mean you could just go an buy one then sell the one you get.

DCJoeDog

11-04-2005 16:34:55

But gratis has to be held accountable for outright lying to it's customer base, does it not?

AndrewZ

11-04-2005 16:42:51

[quoteb62fcec3a2="DCJoeDog"]But gratis has to be held accountable for outright lying to it's customer base, does it not?[/quoteb62fcec3a2]

Yea I do agree with you that they need to be held accountable, but im not sure that actually doing something so dramatic will be benificial. Instead it might scare alot of people and convince them not to join.

jhennson

11-04-2005 17:56:10

Even though i want the PSP so bad...I would just wait patiently....I mean, were still gonna get it no matter what one way or another...

AndrewZ

11-04-2005 18:17:37

[quotea683df80b7="jhennson"]Even though i want the PSP so bad...I would just wait patiently....I mean, were still gonna get it no matter what one way or another...[/quotea683df80b7]

Exactly.

I like the way you think... ++ karma )

Doh004

11-04-2005 19:15:34

I have no problems waiting. Hell it'd be awesom if I can either get a free game or the 1 gig sandisk before or soon after I get my PSP. I don't mind the wait, because life goes on.

heatsp2

11-04-2005 19:24:06

[quote0188fbdecc="Doh004"]I have no problems waiting. Hell it'd be awesom if I can either get a free game or the 1 gig sandisk before or soon after I get my PSP. I don't mind the wait, because life goes on.[/quote0188fbdecc]
Same here!!! D

jhennson

11-04-2005 23:30:04

i know mostly everyone here is pissed about gratis lying to us but we should just chill and wait for the psp.....In the mean time lets play with our iPods, shuffle, ps2, xbox, etc...... and also use those condoms LOL!!

WTF someone just gave me hella negative karmas!!

VGM

12-04-2005 01:47:45

[quote3ae13f975c="Doh004"]I have no problems waiting. Hell it'd be awesom if I can either get a free game or the 1 gig sandisk before or soon after I get my PSP. I don't mind the wait, because life goes on.[/quote3ae13f975c]

is superpsp4free trustworthy?

CronoDekar

12-04-2005 04:58:08

[quote3a3866eea7="jhennson"]i know mostly everyone here is pissed about gratis lying to us but we should just chill and wait for the psp.....In the mean time lets play with our iPods, shuffle, ps2, xbox, etc...... and also use those condoms LOL!!

WTF someone just gave me hella negative karmas!![/quote3a3866eea7]

I suppose you don't know of the recent freegamingconsoles problem ;). Though hopefully my DS should ship soon.

keithb

12-04-2005 07:55:22

Yeah, the long wait is annoying, but use the time to get a memory card or somethin from phreepsps....

Arthur Khachikyan

12-04-2005 09:28:49

WoW, You guys should have done OC, I went STV 3 days ago and shipping today or tommorow good luck though 8)

Doh004

12-04-2005 11:05:22

[quotec0b3316857="VGM"][quotec0b3316857="Doh004"]I have no problems waiting. Hell it'd be awesom if I can either get a free game or the 1 gig sandisk before or soon after I get my PSP. I don't mind the wait, because life goes on.[/quotec0b3316857]

is superpsp4free trustworthy?[/quotec0b3316857]I'd believe so. I have yet for my credit to go through or any of my ref's to go through... But we shall see.

Phbs83

12-04-2005 11:28:34

Oh, now it's the media;) Wow, we have plenty of smart ones in here) Take them to the Supreme Court! Oh, wait, try something international - complain to the UN!))

Really, if you want to ruin it go ahead - do the dumbest thing possible, and ruin it not only for you, but for the other guys as well)

jhennson

12-04-2005 11:56:48

i say we should just all wait until they start shipping!! complaining wont work cause gratis doesnt have the product....even the vendors dont have the product so gratis cant really do anything about it...Im sure once the they get that PSP shipment...theyll ship it...Hopefully soon

DCJoeDog

12-04-2005 12:29:43

They should un their asses off to all the walmarts in their area, they can get the non-bundle value packs and have plenty to buy

ebgames, and gamestop fucked up the online purchasing of this product way up!!!

kaymin

12-04-2005 17:41:05

i'm patiently waiting while playing the psp i bought

egyptianruin

14-04-2005 18:56:39

[quote7cca205258="Phbs83"]Oh, now it's the media;) Wow, we have plenty of smart ones in here) Take them to the Supreme Court! Oh, wait, try something international - complain to the UN!))

Really, if you want to ruin it go ahead - do the dumbest thing possible, and ruin it not only for you, but for the other guys as well)[/quote7cca205258]

I could care less about Gratis' reputation. Like I said before, although it is free they lied to their customers on more than one occasion (and if they did not lie they DID intentionaly mislead people and are still doing so)

shortys408

14-04-2005 20:19:25

maybe they did preorder psps, but their vendor ran into problems.

PodTopia

14-04-2005 20:20:47

ehem, PC mall, ehem.

egyptianruin

15-04-2005 14:47:42

[quote7c6f0642bb="shortys408"]maybe they did preorder psps, but their vendor ran into problems.[/quote7c6f0642bb]

They said the never pre-ordered first batch psps in another post, and they blatantly lied to a bunch of people regarding video game systems. I don't care if they run into problems but I do care they lied. If they would have straight up told customers were having a problem with our vendor then people would be more understanding. I understand from a business prospective they want to keep these things hidden to make money, but in all reality is it ethical?

knowtomorrow

15-04-2005 15:24:29

No it's not. I don't understand how Gratis is the largest and most powerful free site on the market today when everything about the company is horrible. I have completed every site and have always been through the same crap. Not only does Gratis lie, they also have horrible customer support, they fail to inform the people who are keeping them in business as to what is going on and they are extremely slow. The smaller sites out there are so much more reliable. Especially OfferCentric. Best support, quickest shipments, and very informative.

gstan

15-04-2005 16:57:42

AMEN

Lunarpancake

19-04-2005 14:41:48

although i agree Gratis has lied numerous times, and is always coming up with more ways not to send you items......

keep in mind Gratis Terms of Service never guarentee you a gift inthe firstplace.

just be happy Gratis isnt a scam.... you guys will get your psp's but they may be 1-2 months late (

aolsuxs

19-04-2005 15:04:36

To those who wish to accept the rumor that the orders are coming from PCMall (like other gratis freebies), please refer to my post from here

New Delay Hypothesis[=http//www.freeipodguide.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10885]New Delay Hypothesis

It may be soothing to some of us, and irritating to others, but try calling PCMall and ask about PSP availability.

lakersin2025

19-04-2005 19:56:53

I got this today
We are sorry for the delay. Unfortunately due to such high levels of fraud we are forced to be very cautious in approving accounts. We have to approve accounts individually. This may sometimes take longer than the stated time. Thank you for your patience.

Narakukuku

19-04-2005 20:16:23

What?
Just give me a break, high levels of fraud my arse.