pod shield.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1060

rosenduger

02-10-2004 21:44:18

now that my ipod is definetly shipping, does anyone know how well the pod shield from trendygeek.com[=http//www.trendygeek.com/]trendygeek.com protects the ipod?
i'm only looking from protection from minor scratches, i don't plan on tossing it around too much. this seems ideal for me, to protect the screen and back from scratches. my biggest concern is how well they will stay adhered to the ipod. if anyone has any experience, please let me know how good this product is.
thank you for your help.

btvsrocks

03-10-2004 13:30:15

if you want MINIMAL protection for your iPod, as in just to protect from scratches, you could [b9ebc49a72a]also[/b9ebc49a72a] look into the exo 3 skin ( http//202.153.110.46/Xskn/features/4g_ipod.asp ). Others in the forum have recommended Lajo's ipod cases actually. The cheapest one is very thin, although probably a bit thicker than the plastic Pod Shield sheets. Plus it's cheaper than the Pod Shield about 9 something and there's a 1/3 off sale so it's even cheaper...not to mention if you take advantage of the "key program" there, you get $5 (the price of shipping). All you have to do is enter a friend's "key" when you click Lajo's signature in the top banner...i.e. you can use mine, [b9ebc49a72a]nifty[/b9ebc49a72a].

But personally for me, I was actually planning to get the pod shield b/c I heard good things. However, after some thought, I'd rather have a "shield" that [i9ebc49a72a]wraps[/i9ebc49a72a] the iPod rather than just adheres to it by static. lishrugsli

mapStuart

03-10-2004 14:06:56

Also I like Lajo's exo3x which is slightly thicker than the exo3 - so maybe a little more drop protection. I think they're $12 something before any discounts. The key program is cool - I'm zoj.

gizmo

03-10-2004 14:20:54

Thinkgeek's PodShields are excellent. They protect the back from scratches, and work well overall. They are static cling, so they won't mar the finish. They stick to the iPod surprisingly well, and I've yet to have one fall off or have the corners peel up. My only complaint is that they can bubble up a bit, and its hard to avoid (Do NOT try to use water to get out the bubbles as you would with car window stickers, some people report that this causes the chrome finish to rust). I don't use the provided screen covers, as they are the tiniest bit hazy and that bothers me.

When my iPod finally gets here, one of these is the first thing going on it.

ipodsaresweet

03-10-2004 14:21:56

My friend had one and it worked pretty goodl

ldsguy

03-10-2004 14:45:03

Wow, It took me like 5 minutes to finally figure out what you meant by clicking on the lago signature. (my key is lds) Haha. Anyone know how long it'll take to get a skin from there? All the ones I try to add to my cart say they are backordered.

btvsrocks

03-10-2004 15:00:03

[quoteab580a79e2="ldsguy"]Anyone know how long it'll take to get a skin from there? All the ones I try to add to my cart say they are backordered.[/quoteab580a79e2]

it was like that for me too when I first went on the site. but then b/c I wanted one of the "popular" colors, the stock replenished quickly. If you want one of the eccentric colors, I don't know how long it'll take...

ldsguy

03-10-2004 15:10:24

Ok, thanks. I wonder if Ice is popular or eccentric....

rosenduger

03-10-2004 17:53:45

awesome, thanks for all of your imput.
i'm going to go with the pod shield. i'm only looking for protection from those minor scratches from pockets and from fingerprints on the back. and i don't want anything that will make it any thicker or hard to access headphones, dock port, click wheel, etc. thanks again for the advice.

mapStuart

03-10-2004 18:28:29

Ice is one of the colors they've been producing. You can get them from allabouttheaccessories.com and ipodxtras.com. The colors that have been produced thus far are Ice, Snow, Asphalt, Indigo and Double Bubble (pink) - not sure if that's exhaustive or not.

EpidemiK

03-10-2004 20:48:48

I have a Pod shield and I love it. I just have to complain about some of the little tiny air bubbles that just won't go away. They static cling is amazingly tight and would never fall off.

blue

03-10-2004 21:08:58

Yep. Pod Shield lover here too. My brother went in on an order with me and I acutally have 3 smalls (for the 20GB 4G) that I can't use if anyone wants 'em. He has the 20GB 3G and thought that's what he needed, but he needs the large. I do too, as I exchanged my freeipod for a 40GB one.

So...as long as I am not spamming...if you want to buy just one to try I am wiling to split up the 3-pack for $4 including shipping for each shield. PM me here.

I am a bit annoyed about the tiny bubbles, but just knowing I have almost invisible protection from most scratches is great. I don't want anything more than that. I am sewing a little bag to keep it in (I'm a girl, I'm allowed) to wear while I am listening to it since none of my clothes have pockets.

My husband said it's like having the little plastic covers on furniture, or those plastic rug runners. But it really isn't that bad. He just would love to have a scratched-up, dinged-up iPod - he's weird that way.

blue