Reasons PS2's are not shipping *OFFICIAL*

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=10224

flatline

30-03-2005 17:00:44

Read the article, you'll know why

http//edition.cnn.com/2005/BUSINESS/03/27/japan.sonysuit.reut/

CronoDekar

30-03-2005 17:05:38

"SCE said it will continue U.S. sales as the suspension order, which covers PlayStation and PlayStation 2 consoles, two game controllers and 47 software titles, will not go into effect before the appeal and because Sony will be paying compulsory licence fees to Immersion, an SCE spokeswoman said."

flatline

31-03-2005 14:35:35

That's what SCE thinks. Legally, they are not allowed to sell any PS2's until this lawsuit is over. Go check your local Walmart, mine was cleared out of PS2's yesterday.

doylnea

31-03-2005 17:08:48

[quotee365ac7e1e="flatline"]That's what SCE thinks. Legally, they are not allowed to sell any PS2's until this lawsuit is over. Go check your local Walmart, mine was cleared out of PS2's yesterday.[/quotee365ac7e1e]

That your local Walmart doesn't have any PS2s on the shelf means nothing. Maybe Gratis bought them all to fill their freegamingsystem orders...

SCE appealed the decision, and by law, the court order does not have any standing until after all legal avenues are exhausted...as such
[quotee365ac7e1e]However, the order to suspend sales of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 consoles - the best selling games platforms in the world- and more than 40 individual games does not hold while an appeal is being heard. http//news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4387045.stm [/quotee365ac7e1e]

Besides, in the end, SCE, even if they lose all of their appeals, is just going to pay Immersion and buy a license to use their technology and go on selling their PS2s and likely the PS3 by then.

anaoshak

31-03-2005 17:57:33

[quotea1d56aff81="doylnea"][quotea1d56aff81="flatline"]That's what SCE thinks. Legally, they are not allowed to sell any PS2's until this lawsuit is over. Go check your local Walmart, mine was cleared out of PS2's yesterday.[/quotea1d56aff81]

That your local Walmart doesn't have any PS2s on the shelf means nothing. Maybe Gratis bought them all to fill their freegamingsystem orders...

SCE appealed the decision, and by law, the court order does not have any standing until after all legal avenues are exhausted...as such
[quotea1d56aff81]However, the order to suspend sales of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 consoles - the best selling games platforms in the world- and more than 40 individual games does not hold while an appeal is being heard. http//news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4387045.stm [/quotea1d56aff81]

Besides, in the end, SCE, even if they lose all of their appeals, is just going to pay Immersion and buy a license to use their technology and go on selling their PS2s and likely the PS3 by then.[/quotea1d56aff81]

you make it sound like you know what you are saying.

People this guy doesn't represent SONY, so don't go believing everything you hear. The best thing to do is keep trying to contact gratis and hope they send either compensation or the system, instead of making up scenarios and situations where only in a dream world they will come true. Economics isn't fiction, so theories won't get you your gamingsystem.

doylnea

31-03-2005 20:06:06

[quotedd1a071b1b="anaoshak"]you make it sound like you know what you are saying.

People this guy doesn't represent SONY, so don't go believing everything you hear. The best thing to do is keep trying to contact gratis and hope they send either compensation or the system, instead of making up scenarios and situations where only in a dream world they will come true. Economics isn't fiction, so theories won't get you your gamingsystem.[/quotedd1a071b1b]

I'll bet you a referral (to the hottest free site after the appeals are finished) that my scenario is exactly what happens.

In addition, the PS2s have been shipped by UPS, or so they claim. If in "a few days" (as Gratis wrote) I don't have my PS2, I'll submit another customer service ticket. I've been doing Gratis sites since November of 2003 - I know they'll come through, of ocurse I'd like it to be sooner than later.

anaoshak

31-03-2005 20:11:02

[quotef7949f7afc="doylnea"][quotef7949f7afc="anaoshak"]you make it sound like you know what you are saying.

People this guy doesn't represent SONY, so don't go believing everything you hear. The best thing to do is keep trying to contact gratis and hope they send either compensation or the system, instead of making up scenarios and situations where only in a dream world they will come true. Economics isn't fiction, so theories won't get you your gamingsystem.[/quotef7949f7afc]

I'll bet you a referral (to the hottest free site after the appeals are finished) that my scenario is exactly what happens.

In addition, the PS2s have been shipped by UPS, or so they claim. If in "a few days" (as Gratis wrote) I don't have my PS2, I'll submit another customer service ticket. I've been doing Gratis sites since November of 2003 - I know they'll come through, of ocurse I'd like it to be sooner than later.[/quotef7949f7afc]

they also said they shipped it on the 16th. I highly doubt they did on that date, i dont know of anything taking this long to recieve in the mail and i generally buying things bigger than a ps2 and use the cheapeast mailing system possible (rugs off ebay).

Really.. i just want a 250 dollar gift card ( ive heard a few got them before) so i can get a used ps2 and 3 games (ive done the math). But either way (ps2 or other compenstation) instant graitificaiton would be really nice from these guys. Ive got tekken fever and a ps2 is the only thing that can save me. .... also guilty gear x2 or issuka... or meta gear solid 3... or gran turismo 2...or... god damnit!

doylnea

31-03-2005 20:23:51

[quote637664e502="anaoshak"]They also said they shipped it on the 16th. I highly doubt they did on that date, i dont know of anything taking this long to recieve in the mail and i generally buying things bigger than a ps2 and use the cheapeast mailing system possible (rugs off ebay).[/quote637664e502]

I agree they clearly didn't ship them on the 16th, especially if they used UPS. However when I ordered GT4 from FreeVideogames, it took nearly 2 weeks to get the game and it was only going one state over - they used USPS Media Mail.

[quote637664e502]Really.. i just want a 250 dollar gift card ( ive heard a few got them before) so i can get a used ps2 and 3 games (ive done the math). But either way (ps2 or other compenstation) instant graitificaiton would be really nice from these guys. Ive got tekken fever and a ps2 is the only thing that can save me. .... also guilty gear x2 or issuka... or meta gear solid 3... or gran turismo 2...or... god damnit![/quote637664e502]
the GC were only for freehandbags, so far as I know. I can't see Gratis ever offering gift cards for any of their other sites.

anaoshak

31-03-2005 20:27:14

i really wish they had a eb games giftcard option.. would have made it a lot easier.