Broken Wegas?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=1018

CollidgeGraduit

01-10-2004 19:39:27

I heard a few weeks ago that there was an issue with the Sony Wegas arriving broken.. is that still a problem currently?

Avenger55

01-10-2004 19:53:06

Damages are caused during shipping, that will always be a problem.

CollidgeGraduit

01-10-2004 20:16:52

Yes, I know that... but like I said, a few weeks ago, there having trouble with the Wegas lispecificallyli arriving damaged. I was wondering if that was still a problem.

Due to the fact that we don't pay for them, it makes returning the TV for a replacement that much more complicated, that's why I'm wondering.

Inferno69

01-10-2004 21:01:39

I dont think its an issue anymore...

CollidgeGraduit

01-10-2004 21:48:31

Thanks Inferno... I'd give you positive karma, but, well you know... lol

Lunarpancake

04-10-2004 10:42:45

the only wega problem i was heagin was that theyre like 100+ lbs....and the delivery guys were dropping them.

CollidgeGraduit

04-10-2004 10:44:34

Stupid delivery guys.. thats why delivery trucks have handcarts on them x

joshg

06-10-2004 08:36:08

We get the packing slips/invoices though so I would think that that allows us to deal directly with the shipper instead of mediating through gratis? I wouldn't think dealing with a damaged item would be that difficult then.. although i'm sure it's going to add easily a couple weeks of time till you get your TV.

fifijeep

25-01-2005 08:30:08

I received my Wega yesterday, 1/24, and it was smashed in the upper left corner, and had a dent on the front. Definitely due to shipping, because it had no padding on the top. Am trying to figure out how to get shipped a new one, I've waited so long to finally get it and now it's broken - Big disappointment!

Any ideas?

adam4865

27-01-2005 08:19:51

maybe by now they are packing them better I read anymore problems

Absolutely

27-01-2005 09:21:53

I am probably going to order the Wega once I finish. Can anyone sent in the last STV stage tell us if their TV was packaged well and if it arrived with any damage?

Stroid

27-01-2005 10:35:51

[quote8a74704a24="fifijeep"]I received my Wega yesterday, 1/24, and it was smashed in the upper left corner, and had a dent on the front. Definitely due to shipping, because it had no padding on the top. Am trying to figure out how to get shipped a new one, I've waited so long to finally get it and now it's broken - Big disappointment!

Any ideas?[/quote8a74704a24]

Yes look above his was damaged.

J4320

27-01-2005 16:35:18

That sucks. Oh well. I've only got one green for that site anyway. The problem will probably be fixed by the time I'm done.

ah6tyfour

01-02-2005 16:41:28

DARN!!!!

my WEGA came today....and it was damaged!!!!

the top right-hand corner was bashed in and a lot of the frame was cracked....and the picture has a yellow hue in that corner....

i knew it was damaged when they opened it up for me and the huge pieces of styrofoam were split into little pieces...that must have been some ROUGH handling to get styrofoam to break like that...

the damage looks like the TV was dropped onto its top right corner....such a sad sight...

anyway...contacted Sony...they've contacted NVC Logistics to pick up the TV for return.....and I've sent off an email to gratis. hope they fix the problem soon....

oh well...another couple weeks wont kill me...ehehe

Absolutely

01-02-2005 20:01:19

that is terrible news. I am sorry to hear that. I am soon to order one of these, and I was planning on the TV, but now I don't know. It would be such a shame to put in all the work and get a broken TV.

ah6tyfour

01-02-2005 22:26:30

yea...i still think the TV is the best option though...

and hopefully Gratis takes care of these replacements fast...

if i call Sony between the time Gratis orders and the time they ship....wonder if i can talk Sony into a model upgrade...like...give me the 320 instead of the 120...its $50 more....you'd think they'd be willing to just swap it...

but yea...i'll keep you guys posted on how the return goes...i'm confident the TV will be returned without problems, but the reship might be a hassle...

ah6tyfour

03-02-2005 19:02:16

ugh....its been 2-3 days now and Gratis has yet to respond to my email...

if anyone has direct contact info for GratisGuy or anyone else at Gratis, I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me with the info...I know we're not supposed to give away Gratis' contact info on this forum, but considering I received a damaged TV, I think it should be OK for me to contact them directly...

thanks in advance!

FreeOffersNow

03-02-2005 19:03:23

Contact the shipper, not Gratis.

evilbearboomboom

03-02-2005 22:02:06

yea this is definately a shippers issue. dhl, fed ex, ups all have insurance for these things, if it is a particular set of drivers and they notice a problem these guys will be in the unemployment line. and also, the tv is paid for, it's not stolen. so it won't be a huge hassle. but one will still be present.

ah6tyfour

04-02-2005 18:35:32

hmm...past posts on this forum said to contact Gratis....

i called Sony and they said credit would be applied to Gratis' credit card....and then Gratis would reorder....

but so far Gratis has not replied to my email OR the support ticket on FFS...

I'm starting to worry...its been a week

ALSO what would i tell the shipper and what could they do? It was shipped by Forward Air (NVC Logistics, the guys who whitegloved it to my door said lots of Forward Air stuff comes damaged). So I should call Forward Air and they will replace the TV? Seems kind of strange....