Questions on exchaning the iPod

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=10154

mr0x

29-03-2005 22:13:00

I have a couple of questions on exchanging the iPod.

1. I have a CompUSA store near me which is an Apple reseller. Will they take back the Gratis iPod to exchange for a photo iPod? I'll tell them it's a gift.

2. Does CompUSA have student discount for the iPods? Or is that only for the Apple Store?

mr0x

30-03-2005 06:16:02

I called CompUSA today and they said they would not take back an iPod without a receipt.

Also, no apple educational discounts at CompUSA.

30-03-2005 09:22:25

I work at comp, the first person you talk to will say they won't take it. Ask for a manager tell them its a gift or something and that it isn't open and all you want is store credit not cash. They should say ok. If not ask for the regional managers number and name and tell them you will give them a call. If they give it to you its up to you if you want to call them. They will give the customer just about anything you want. Or you can just give up.

mr0x

30-03-2005 10:00:20

[quote1fd15e72a5="92235"]I work at comp, the first person you talk to will say they won't take it. Ask for a manager tell them its a gift or something and that it isn't open and all you want is store credit not cash. They should say ok. If not ask for the regional managers number and name and tell them you will give them a call. If they give it to you its up to you if you want to call them. They will give the customer just about anything you want. Or you can just give up.[/quote1fd15e72a5]

I called them up and they said no store credit is possible without a receipt. I'm going to BestBuy to see if they will aceept it. Anyway, compUSA is out of the 30 gig ones locally. BestBuy has 2 left.

Sucks to be taking a bus to BestBuy but I want a photoipod bad.

Also, no educational or student discount in either CompUSA or BestBuy.

And, for some reason my campus decided not to be an Apple reseller when every other school in the state is one.

The Senator

02-04-2005 16:23:08

can I take back by 20gb iPod (still factory wrapped) to an Apple store and get $300 credit, then turn around and get a 30gb Photo iPod using the store credit, my student discount and $20? Or do I need to be sneaky about it?