How Long Did You Have To Wait?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=10065

Vector

29-03-2005 12:54:28

How long did it take you guys to get your iPods? Did you pay anyone? Trade? Get people online to sign up or people you know in person? When?

Bultaco

29-03-2005 13:12:23

So far from start to my status saying shipped it has taken me 29 days. The day I signed up I was able to get 3 out five people signed up. It took me two more days to get the rest. The first three people were co-workers so it was easy to talk to them. The other two came from friends that I have known for years. I provided a bunch of information about how this site works in an email (I think I described that email to you in another topic, if not pm me and I can send it to you if you like.) Other than that it seemed to be pretty easy and fairly fast, considering it is a free $300 toy! Judging by everyone else I would say that things went about as quick as it can with my account, there may however, have been a few out there that went through quicker. All in all I think that I just happen to finish each step at just the right time to move onto the next, i.e. approval to STV.

Good luck to you!

Vector

29-03-2005 13:26:44

Thanks...well... I will try to explaint osme people how it works and also talk to them about things like the press reports and such... thanks again

dmorris68

29-03-2005 13:57:11

I had a similar experience. I belong to a mature gaming group (we don't like to call ourselves a "clan") and I made a post on our message board describing the process and including several respectable news source links to prove that it was for real. I had 6 yellows within 2 days, and 5 greens within 2 weeks (only because one referral got messed up and he had to complete another offer).

I don't remember what day I joined, it was sometime in late February, but what I do remember

5th green and submitted for approval 3/11
Approved 3/22
STV 3/28
Shipped 3/29

Vector

29-03-2005 14:05:54

i see, well... im the gaming organization that i am in, i got 23 yellows in 5 days but 0 greens! crazy! maybe they still dont beleive me

jennie084

29-03-2005 14:49:58

I have my timeframe in my signature, but as for referrals I got

1. my grandma
2. a friend from my college
3. a friend from a different chapter of my sorority
4. a random person who must have come across my link (i posted it in my aim profile and on the "friends only" page of my livejournal)
5. my boyfriend

)

I find that it's a lot easier to get referrals from people you know. good luck!